Job Title: Senior Software Engineer – Desktop
Location: Remote USA – This role can be performed anywhere from the United States.
We are looking for a talented engineer that is passionate about building world class polished interactive applications that will be used by millions of customers in our GoPro Community.
This engineer will participate in the development of Windows applications that enable consumers to share their passions with friends and community by developing media management, editing, and story-telling features for GoPro cameras and cloud content.
What You Will Do
- Architecting and implementing new functionality to our suite of desktop software
- Building / maintaining reusable frameworks / tools and integrating existing frameworks developed in house.
- Developing rich and interactive user interfaces that are modern and adhere to best practices on the platform.
- Take ownership of important projects from technical design to implementation.
Skills We’re Excited About
- Ideally has experience and proficiently writing in C#, C++ and C.
- Experience with XAML, and Windows UI (WinUI) Library to create user interfaces.
- Experience with various Windows App Platforms: UWP (native or managed), WPF and Win32.
- Strong debugging techniques, experience with various debugging tools.
- Experience with Visual Studio, setting up projects, frameworks, dependencies, etc.
- Strong experience with Rest APIs and interacting with cloud based endpoints.
- Collaborative experience working with UX designers and Product Managers.
- Comfortable working in an Agile environment.
- Experience deploying apps to Windows Store or creating MSI installers.
Bonus Points For
- Experience with MediaFoundation
- Experience with DirectX or other GPU APIs
- Experience developing Windows Exporter based plugins.
- Get your very own GoPro camera + gear
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance – premiums are 100% paid for employees, 80% paid for dependents
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Generous time off policy
- 12 weeks paid parental leave for new parents
- Pre-tax and Roth 401(k) options
- Discounted employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- LiveHealthy monthly wellness reimbursement
- Innovative remote-friendly wellness classes and events
- Flexible work arrangements
- Professional + personal development opportunities, i.e. LinkedIn Learning
- Opportunities to get involved in the causes that you care about (annual camera donation + volunteer events)
We strive for the day that no group can be described as underrepresented at GoPro – whether as part of our brand or in our workforce. We are committed to providing a more inclusive, representative, equal, just and happy world. GoPro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
GoPro requires that all onsite visitors and workers be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Roles that are designated as remote do not require vaccination to perform the role but will not be permitted to visit GoPro’s office locations if unvaccinated. An exception to this rule may be made if you qualify for an approved accommodation.
The ranges added below are for Colorado-based hires only and will be dependent on candidate experience. Pay ranges for candidates in other locations other than CO may differ. Pay range: $111,775-$131,500.