Here at OpenTable, our Engineering organization is driven by a culture of innovation and collaboration. We are motivated by new challenges every day to solve unique problems while setting the standard for the restaurant and dining industry. Our co-workers are our collaborators, our teammates and everyone has the opportunity to contribute and build. We believe strongly in a culture of small, independent teams of engineers, with the authority to make decisions locally within the team. Each team is considered an expert in their own business domain and makes decisions relevant to that expertise. This SRE will continue to define the standard of excellence within engineering around reliability, visibility, and availability.
Site Reliability Engineers are the checks and balances to the continuous development and deployment by our Software Engineers. Further, they are a group of individuals that are passionate about enabling and promoting a culture of reliability throughout the product development organization. With the support of the SRE team, keeping systems reliable and available becomes easier for the whole team.
- Drive and cultivate Site Reliability culture at OpenTable
- Work closely with Engineers and improve their services as a whole from runbooks, dashboards, escalation paths to building resilience within their systems
- Assist with the development and automation of the CI/CD pipeline
- Develop a software platforms and framework for maintenance and review of dashboards, alerts, capacity planning and deployment readiness checklists
- Assist Engineers with maintaining their services by measuring and monitoring service level objectives and indicators
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Be the driving force for correct incident response and blameless postmortems within Product Development
- Experience with algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis and software design.
- Experience in one or more of the following: Java, C# or Python.
- Expertise in analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- Systematic problem-solving approach, with effective communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- Ability to debug and optimize code and to automate routine tasks.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related technical field involving coding, or equivalent practical experience is a plus.
As an employee of OpenTable, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of meta-search brands. Together, we’re able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
OpenTable, part of Booking Holdings Inc. (NASDAQ: BKNG), is the world's leading provider of online restaurant reservations, seating more than 24 million diners per month via online bookings across approximately 50,000+ restaurants.
Since its inception in 1998, OpenTable has seated more than 1 Billion diners around the world. The Company is headquartered in San Francisco, California, and the OpenTable service is available throughout the United States, as well as in Canada, Germany, Japan, Mexico, Australia and the UK.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.