Over 100,000 businesses and millions of people use 1Password to protect their most important information, and we believe those people – and the companies they work for – shouldn’t have to choose between security and productivity. We see security as a human challenge, rather than a technological one. It’s hard work, but our mission has always been to ease the tension between security and convenience and help people navigate the digital world without fear or friction. Human-centric security is part of our DNA, but human-centricity is also the backbone of our culture. We encourage big ideas and new ways of working that help us to make the online world a safer place for everyone.
1Password has a long-standing commitment to customer privacy and security, and the Security Team is responsible for upholding this commitment. We are a passionate team that really cares about protecting our customers, and we’re looking for new team members that share this passion.
As a Senior Security Engineer with a focus on Development, you’ll be working with both our Security Team, as well as the development teams, to help us to continue to raise the bar for security. This includes working with developers on security-critical features, identifying and correcting security issues, and working on other initiatives to improve the security of our applications.
This is a remote opportunity within Canada, the US, the UK, and the Netherlands.
What we’re looking for:
- Experience working on a remote team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A strong passion for Privacy and Security
- Previous experience as a Security Engineer
What you can expect:
- Lead code and design reviews
- Write system and protocol design documents
- Assist the development teams with building security critical features
- Assist in development of cryptographic protocols
- Assist in development of internal training materials
- Assist in penetration testing efforts
- Develop internal security tools
- Assist in designing, building, and integrating automated security testing tools
- Assist in performing automated and manual security testing
- Provide mentoring to less experienced members of the team
- Assist less experienced members of the team with complex problems
- Identify opportunities to improve security, and designs solutions to exploit these opportunities
- This position may require occasional work on nights or weekends in the event a significant security issue is discovered