Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people! Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry, by making clinical-grade genetic information affordable and accessible to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
The (Sr) Program Manager will provide department and project/program management leadership to the Oncology ePMO. They will manage programs using standard methodologies, metrics, and tools, including developing integrated project plans, stakeholder requirements, and balancing contending project constraints of scope, quality, schedule, budget, resources, and risk. The program manager may coordinate project managers and other department staff to meet program requirements when available. They will contribute to the development of tools, metrics, and process improvements to enhance department performance and perceived value. This individual will work to identify, call out, and participate in cross functional alignment improvement opportunities.
What you’ll do:
- Successfully lead cross-functional teams using a servant leadership approach.
- Ensure programs/projects are performed to expected outcomes via the following program/project management expertise
- Lead project team effectiveness and accountability using standardized processes and tools including meeting agendas, RAID Logs (Risk, Action, Issue, Decision), scheduling or Scrum platforms
- Use critical thinking/facilitation skills to:
- Facilitate program/project scheduling and prioritization
- Handle risk, actions, issues, and decision tracking leading to critical metrics
- Effective communication and effective meeting management
- Apply business analysis techniques
What you bring: Think about the top 5 responsibilities of this role and try to limit to 5 concise bullet points.
- BS/MS/PhD preferred with relevant training in Chemistry, Manufacturing, and/or Biological Sciences, or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years proven experience effective managing people
- 5 years' experience in the diagnostic or pharmaceutical industry.
- Project management certification (PMP®, PRINCE2®), Certified Scrum Professional (CSP) or equivalent.
- Experience with design control for medical device development.
- Ability to travel up to 10% (post Covid); Remote positions would require up to 30% travel (post COVID)
Preferred skills: Optional Section, these are not “deal breakers”.
- Self-motivated, empathic and eloquent teammate.
- Leadership skills
- Systems thinking
Please apply even if you don’t meet all of the “What you bring” requirements noted. It’s rare that someone checks every single item, it’s ok, we encourage you to apply anyways.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We truly believe a diverse workplace is crucial to our company's success and to better serve our diverse patients. Your input is especially valuable. We’d greatly appreciate it if you can take a quick moment to make your selection(s) below. Submissions will be anonymous.