When you join Ancestry, you join a human-centered company where every person’s story is important. We believe that by discovering the struggles and triumphs of our past, we can foster deeper bonds and more meaningful connections among families and communities. Our talented team of scientists, engineers, genealogists, historians, and storytellers is dedicated to empowering customers around the world from all backgrounds on their journeys of personal discovery.
With more than 30+ billion digitized global historical records, 100+ million family trees, and 20+ million people in our growing AncestryDNA database, Ancestry helps customers discover their family story and gain a new level of understanding about their lives. Passionate about dedicating your work to enriching people’s lives? You belong at Ancestry.
As a senior member of the Product team, you must be passionate about mobile and energized by working closely with smart, talented, fun-loving, execution-focused teammates in a highly interactive environment. You will lead by identifying product opportunities, creating a vision & roadmap, validating that vision through rapid prototyping, measuring effectiveness, and partnering across the organization to bring your vision to market.
What you will do…
- Work with research, user experience, engineering, marketing, customer support, and legal teams to provide products and features that help individuals better understand their past
- Promote product improvements and inform the product roadmap with new ideas based on ongoing customer research, market/competitive analysis, and product performance indicators
- Create user stories and other required input and direction to the Scrum team; oversee the backlog and keep the team engaged building the highest priority features and enhancements
- Establish important milestones and targets for the Ancestry app, and guide the successful execution needed to hit these targets
- Develop the vision for your product, short-term and long-term
- Partner with data science, product analytics and customer research to gain insight into your customers and to ensure next-generation personalization of the user experience
- Juggle tradeoffs and understand constraints
- Work with a team to bring customer value on a rapid and regular rhythm; from quantitative and qualitative feedback; iterate approach with urgency based on insights
- Reports to Senior Director of Product Management – Mobile
Who you are…
- 3+ years of product management experience with experience shipping great products.
- Experience delivering high quality iOS or Android products
- Experience with mobile technologies and the process of releasing and updating apps through iTunes Connect and Google Play
- Smart, creative, inspired, and experienced leading a team to bring great products quickly
- Presentation techniques, meeting management, and team building skills
- Excellent research and data analysis skills combined with an obsession for making data-based decisions
- Experience with survey design and different primary customer research techniques
- Bachelor’s degree
- Benefits: Benefits: 401K Plan, Tuition Reimbursement, Life & Accident Insurance, 12 Paid Holidays, Flexible Vacation PTO, Sick Leave, Volunteer Time, Employer Perks: Ancestry Subscription and Discounts for Employee, Commuting and Parking Benefits, Ski Passes, Employee Referral, Fitness Reimbursement
- (Colorado only*) Minimum salary of $122,000/year + eligible for bonus, equity, and comprehensive benefits including health, dental and vision. Read more about our benefits HERE.
- Note: Disclosure as needed by sb19-085(8-5-20)