Who We Are
SPINS is the leading provider of retail consumer insights, analytics, and consulting for the Natural, Organic and Specialty Products Industry. We transform raw data into intelligent and actionable business solutions that enable consumers to pursue wellness. At SPINS, we believe data is important, but our people are the real differentiator. That’s why we maintain a culture that is focused on collaboration, flexibility, and open communication.
We are seeking a Senior Product Manager – Insights to lead our teams in building world class products.
Data gives our partners and our clients superpowers, and SPINS leads the industry on finding unique, actionable insights from data we gather. Expanding customer use cases, building new related products, and expanding the ways in which we use the data we both gather and create is fundamental to unlocking our and our client’s potential. This role is critical to our success at doing all the above, by ensuring that we are doing what is most important each day.
You will work as part of a dynamic and highly collaborative team, gaining and sharing insight with other experienced professionals. You will see many aspects of the SPINS business. You will have a direct impact on SPINS growth and delivering major new capabilities for our customers. You will have ownership and be given incredible opportunity for professional growth.
The ideal candidate will be exceptional in communication, analytic problem solving, and navigating ambiguity. The successful candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment, can operate within periods of limited guidance, and is a creative problem solver. The candidate will be comfortable working with a distributed team, working with diverse stakeholders and helping everyone stay focused on the right priorities. The candidate will have high standards for themselves and others. They will be constantly looking for ways to improve product performance, quality, and cost.
What You Will Do
- Manage the product lifecycle from strategic planning, research, development, and to full scale
- Own and be an advocate for your product roadmap and backlog
- Drive analytic insights & measurement priorities in alignment with SPINS strategic objectives
- Define user stories, epics, aggregates requirements into product-level roadmaps, leads prioritization activities for product releases aligned with SPINS’ platform strategy
- Present to internal and external clients on product capabilities
- Define the business case and justification for new product capabilities
- Manages execution to align to product KPIs
- Defines new product capabilities to meet customer needs and market shifts
- Collaborate cross-functionally with technology and UX to deliver world class experiences for our internal and partner development teams
- Plan new builds, engage in design discussions, ensure requirements are well understood, and provide testing guidance to your team
- Understand and articulate the product KPIs, COGS, and profitability of your product
- Develop a clear understanding of the supported business domains and how the different aspects of the platform support our end customers
- Collaborate with your peers, teams, and leadership to continuously improve our Product Management practices
What You Bring
- 6+ years of relevant experience in Product Management
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking, and analytic skills
- Strong technical background combined with solid business acumen
- Experience with software development tools (Jira, Product Board, etc.)
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Proven leadership ability
- Experience with stakeholder management
- Strong planning, organizational, and time management
- Strong communication skills
- Desire to learn and contribute
- Ability to thrive in dynamic, fast-growing environment (i.e, being flexible and willing to jump in and do whatever it takes to be successful)
- Prior experience related to analytical insights reporting
- Prior experience related to big data and cloud platforms
- Subject matter expertise in retail or brand marketing
What SPINS Offers
We have enjoyed tremendous growth over the years and, as a leader in a fast-growing industry, we have no plans to slow down! While all that growth brings excitement, it is also an opportunity for SPINS to show it values the health and wellness of its team members. Whether you are based at our Chicago headquarters or remote, we continue to stay true to SPINS:
- We embrace hybrid and remote work options so that you have the flexibility to create a work/life balance that actually works!
- Virtual yoga, HIIT, meditation classes, and “team SPINS” Peloton rides
- Each employee is allotted paid time to use to volunteer with an organization of their choice and charitable donations are matched.
- CEO Connect, a monthly informal small group Q&A session with our top leader
- Semi-annual company-wide survey that is used to shape company programs, perks, and culture.
The SPINS Way
- Direct – We communicate with clarity, honesty and respect in all situations and embrace opportunities to provide solution-oriented feedback.
- Determined – We are committed to overcoming all obstacles to achieve results. We adapt to change, seek opportunities to learn and rapidly translate that learning into action.
- Passionate – We go above and beyond to help our partners achieve their goals. We challenge assumptions and are comfortable forging new paths.
- Collaborative – We leave our egos at the door, believing that working together we will produce an outcome that’s greater than each individual contribution.