Who We Are
Cobalt is a fast-growing startup that is redefining pentesting and making cybersecurity easier and more accessible. Our Pentest as a Service (PtaaS) platform, coupled with an exclusive global community of testers, delivers the real-time insights you need to remediate risk quickly and innovate securely. We have Scandinavian roots, an American base and a global outlook. Our remote-first team is characterized by a fun, fast-paced and collaborative culture based on individual responsibility and ownership.
As a Senior Product Designer on our Customer Experience: Collaboration team, you will be a key part of our growing team that is defining the Customer Experience for our platform. You will focus on the opportunities and problems related to collaboration on our platform between our customers and the Cobalt Core, our curated community of Pentesters, and our use of cross-collaboration platforms like Slack and Microsoft Teams.
As the Product Designer for this team, you will engage with customers, pentesters and other agile teams, empathize with their needs, and ensure we are designing the right solutions to fit their workflows. You will lead all aspects of design from inception to implementation and beyond! You’ll own all aspects of design within the end-to-end product development cycle, while partnering closely with product and engineering every step of the way.
- Partner with the CX: Collaboration Product Manager to advocate for customers as well as the Cobalt Core.
- Take the initiative in identifying problems and opportunities to improve the customer experience within the Cobalt App through user research and discovery.
- Collaborate with product and engineering to drive team strategy, product decisions, and roadmap priorities.
- Own the end-to-end user journey and all aspects of design execution from vision, and ideation, to prototyping, user testing, acceptance testing, and final production.
- Work closely with the larger design team, providing feedback to other design team members and eliciting feedback from them.
- A low ego team-first mentality
- A deep understanding of the end-to-end product design process. Including how to develop and use IA, journey mapping, prototyping, user stories, user research, wireframing, and visual design.
- The ability to solve ambiguous and complex problems with simple, elegant, user-focused solutions.
- Experience applying both quantitative and qualitative research techniques to inform design decisions.
- A detail-oriented mindset and you're a self-starter who can manage time and deadlines.
- A focus on designing in an iterative way to continue learning and adapting through post-release feature analysis.
- The ability to present your design decisions and process succinctly.
- Experience working in an agile environment as well as familiarity with Lean UX and utilizing design research.
- Expertise in design tools, i.e., Figma, Miro.
- An online portfolio that shows examples of your design process.
Bonus If You Have
- Experience working at companies in the developer tool space.
- Experience working at other SaaS companies
- Experience working collaboratively in global, multi-disciplinary design teams
Why You Should Join Us
- Earn competitive compensation and an attractive equity plan
- Save for the future with a 401(k) program (US) pension (EU)
- Treat yourself to paid remote lunches
- Get to know your team during our quarterly team events
- Leverage stipends for:
- Work-from-home equipment & wifi
- Learning & development
- Unlimited books
- Grow in a passionate, rapidly expanding industry operating at the forefront of the Pentesting industry
- Work directly with experienced senior leaders with ongoing mentorship opportunities
- Make the most of our flexible, generous paid time off
- Work remotely from anywhere in the US, the UK or Germany
- Explore the world with our travel bonus payouts at your 2, 3, and 5 year anniversary