We are looking to hire an experienced product designer to lead the design work on Guru’s ecosystem initiatives. You’ll work directly and autonomously with your strategic partners in Product Management, Engineering, Product Marketing and Business Development on our ecosystem strategy and roadmap, providing users with the knowledge that they need to do their jobs, directly integrated into their workflows. As the Design leader on this pod, you will be responsible for the end-to-end user experience and design language across our Chrome Extension, bots and partner integrations (Slack , MS Teams, Google and more), Guru’s developer experience, platform capabilities such as our API, and our iOS and Android mobile apps.
What You’ll Do:
- Work on all aspects of Product Design, from research and ideation, to interaction and visual design.
- Approach UX problems from a research-first mentality, leveraging industry standards, customer feedback, user research, internal insights and product usage data to inform your decisions.
- Empower and excite teammates with your knowledge of UX best practices.
- Collaborate and seek input from your core team and cross-functional partners to collect the essential knowledge to inform and support all of your Design and UX initiatives.
- Collaborate closely with our Product Design and Brand Studio teams to ensure our work continuously represents our brand voice, visual identity and UI design systems.
- Remain very closely connected with and develop strong empathy for our customers, prospects and the workflows within their teams.
- The Senior designer for Ecosystem is an individual contributor (IC) role that will report to a Design Director.
You’ll Know You’re a Good Fit if you:
- Embody Guru's Core Values.
- Have prior experience and success shipping best-in-class product features collaboratively alongside a cross-functional product team.
- Are comfortable leading collaborative, cross-functional design thinking exercises and brainstorms that empower and align your pod around a shared vision.
- Are a great storyteller and have the ability to objectively and clearly demonstrate how your work ties into the larger goals and objectives of the business. You can weave insights into compelling presentations for executives and stakeholders.
- Find genuine joy in solving complex problems.
- Are inspired by company growth and comfortable with ambiguity. Guru is growing rapidly, and therefore yesterday’s processes won’t necessarily work tomorrow.
- You are comfortable taking responsibility throughout this exciting period and using Design Thinking to help you and your team adapt along every step of the way.
- Have a natural curiosity for current Design industry standards. You seek thought leadership through articles, speaking events, podcasts and beyond. You study products and apps to see how other Design teams solve similar problems. You freely share these insights with others and empower those around you.
- A portfolio of work & success, demonstrating your passion for simple, intuitive and beautiful user-centered designs and the outcomes they’ve produced.
- Mastery of remote collaboration tools including those in the modern Product Design stack (we use Figma)
- Ability to balance multiple projects at once, while setting and meeting deadlines.
- Rigorous attention to detail and consistency.
- Familiarity working within and contributing to a dedicated design system
- A basic understanding of front-end development and frameworks (HTML, CSS, responsive layouts, etc) in order to understand how these technologies can impact and be leveraged by design.
- Competitive salary
- Employee Incentive Stock Option Plan
- Paid Parental, Family & Medical Leave
- Unlimited Vacation
- Professional Development Stipend
- Wellness Stipend
- Home Office Stipend
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Thrive After Five: in recognition of our long-tenured employees, Guru celebrates your five year anniversary with a $10,000 personal travel reimbursement
- Remote perks
- Generous medical benefits package
- Guru-sponsored company & team events, no matter where you work
Guru is a dynamic, fast growing start-up based in Philadelphia and San Francisco. Our mission is to reinvent the way people connect with meaningful information at work. Guru’s knowledge management solution provides customer-facing teams access to expert-verified information where they work and when they need it most. We believe in cultivating a welcoming, inclusive culture that encourages personal growth through working hard and having fun.
Launched in September 2015, our vision is backed by an amazing group of investors including FirstMark Capital, Salesforce, Michael Dell, the Slack Fund, Emergence Capital, Thrive Capital and Accel. As we enter the next exciting stage of expansion, we're searching for passionate individuals to join our rapidly growing team.
This is a full-time position that can be 100% Remote or based out of our Philadelphia or San Francisco offices. Re-location and/or Visa Sponsorship is not included in our hiring package. Applicants will need to be authorized to work in the US.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. All are welcome here. At Guru, being inclusive is very important to us. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, age, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identification, veteran status or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.