–COVID-19 Hiring Update–
As the health and safety of our candidates and our employees come first, we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews and new hire on-boarding.
Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth and innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for ‘Most Innovative Use of AI’ from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team and help the world manage risk in real time. You’ll work with 800+ talented people across eight offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
Who you are:
You are a mission-oriented team player who wants to make an impact on the world. You love working with customers and providing strategic solutions.
As a Senior Partnerships Sales Engineer, you’ll combine your technical aptitude, outstanding communication skills, and creative problem solving to implement Dataminr’s solutions with our growing network of Dataminr partners within the technology, data, channel, social good, and consulting spaces. Partnerships Solutions Engineers are a part of the Global Solutions Engineering team, reporting directly to the Senior Director of Corporate Solutions. You will work closely with Dataminr’s Strategic Partnerships organization, Sales and Product teams.
- Business Problem Solving: Take ambiguous and complex problems, and using research and critical analysis/assessment capabilities drive ideas, define the opportunities, and recommend actionable next steps.
- Trusted Advisor: You'll become a trusted advisor to partners assisting them to get as much value out of our platform as possible. You will help key partners with the decision making process by presenting and evaluating the Dataminr solution, and communicate best practices.
- Cross-functional Integration: You will work cross-functionally to develop partner solutions, identify product enhancements, and build internal processes that scale. You will lead all technical partner activities across strategic services partners that recommend, deploy and manage Dataminr as well as strategic technology partners in which we develop complementary solutions. You, along with support from the Global Solutions Engineering organization and Dataminr’s Product team, will work closely with the Dataminr Partner leadership to develop comprehensive technical plans for strategic partners, including identifying, incubating, and bringing to market service/solution offerings based on key Dataminr objectives.
- Build and support the technical relationships with GSI, technology and cloud partners
- Lead technical discussions with partners and provide technical expertise in support of partner sales and marketing activities
- Distill and communicate partner needs and product feedback to Product Management, Engineering, Marketing and Sales
- Provide oversight, guidance, and assistance during the partners sales process to ensure mutual success
- Develop domain expertise and thought leadership regarding the partners's current areas of focus as well as in new areas for expansion
- Advise on integration strategies, enterprise architectures, and platforms/application infrastructure required to successfully implement a complete solution.
- Work with partner technical representatives in opportunities and projects, complementing their skill, and guaranteeing high quality customer deliverables.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in business, international affairs/relations, or a related security field or equivalent work experience
- 10-15 years of experience as a pre sales consultant or solution engineer
- Experience in a customer-facing role, client-relationship management, or presenting to executive leadership teams who may not have similar technical proficiencies
- Advanced listening skills allowing for high quality discovery meetings with customers and prospects
- Ability to analyze emerging risks impacting commercial interests in one or more industries
- Ability to monitor and analyze data in a fast-paced environment
- Highly adaptable and able to juggle multiple competing priorities
- Passion for breaking news, current world events, technology, and a great understanding of both social media and publicly-available data
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently within a team
- Enthusiastic approach to innovation and strategic thinking
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Why you should work here:
- We recognize and reward hard work with:
- company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning and development fund and professional training
- generous paid time off; including sick leave and 100% company paid parental leave
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental and physical well being, virtual yoga, meditation and health and fitness app reimbursements
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
For individuals applying for US-based roles:
Dataminr is requiring that all prospective employees hired for this position present proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their first day of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
Dataminr is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates who are unable to be vaccinated due to a sincerely held religious belief, medical reasons, or other legally protected reasons, should contact their recruiting representative as soon as possible following any conditional offer of employment to explore what, if any, reasonable accommodations Dataminr is able to offer.
For individuals applying for Australian-based roles:
Dataminr requires (as a condition of employment) that the successful candidate for this position be fully vaccinated with a recognized and approved COVID-19 vaccine prior to commencing employment. The successful candidate will be required to present proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their first day of employment.
Candidates who are unable to be vaccinated due to a legally protected reason should contact their recruiting representative as soon as possible following any offer of employment to explore what, if any, reasonable accommodations Dataminr is able to offer.