Senior Manager of Growth
Peerspace invites people to find, share, and book the most magical spaces in the world. Since 2014, our community has been opening the door to thousands of spaces – from lofts and mansions to storefronts and studios – helping people to create one-of-a-kind experiences that would not be possible elsewhere. In total, over 5 million people have been welcomed into a Peerspace location, and we’re looking for people who want to help us reach the next 50 million.
The Senior Manager of Growth is responsible for driving business growth through conversion rate optimization, A/B testing and experimentation, product-led growth and related marketing programs. Primary goals of this role are to improve conversion rates throughout the funnel and growth loops, and increase user engagement and retention over time.
Reporting to the CMO, this data-driven leader will work at the intersection of our product and marketing teams and help launch and scale up our cross-functional growth programs. This role will be responsible for both expanding existing programs and finding new growth levers. This is a high impact, cross-functional position and success will be measured on one’s ability to increase company-level performance metrics.
The Senior Manager of Growth will help shape our growth function and contribute to understanding the user journey, conversion rate optimization, and product-led growth. They will work with our leadership team and other departments to shape the company’s growth strategy, and make the case for relevant investments in new software, agency support and more.
● Build and own the conversion rate optimization (CRO) and experimentation roadmap from end to end, and oversee the selection and implementation of the recommended tooling required to run the program
● Maintain a cadence of monitoring and reporting on all key user funnels and metrics throughout the platform, and partner with product managers to build dashboards that monitor new funnels and/or feature performance
● Partner with the growth product manager and adjacent marketing team members to improve key user activation, conversion, engagement and retention metrics across both host and guest segments
● Have a deep understanding of the customer journey and provide guidance on how to improve conversion rates throughout it
● Establish quarterly and annual goals for the growth function and measure success
● Communicate growth goals and performance with the leadership team and other departments to ensure that growth projects support company objectives
● Collaborate with the rest of the marketing team to share learnings, offer creative feedback, and support team goals
● 5+ years of experience working across growth, conversion rate optimization, UX and customer journey mapping
● Experience with conversion rate optimization, A/B testing and software is required – and having an opinion on the best tooling for implementation, such as Google Optimize, Optimizely, VWO, SiteSpect or others is strongly preferred
● Proficiency with SQL and strong data analysis skills are required
● Ability to pull insights from completed tests — even failed or inconclusive tests — for future usage is required
● Track record of delivering company growth and leading large cross-functional initiatives
● Experience with UX and customer journey mapping is a plus
● Bachelor’s degree required, MS or higher is a plus
Working At Peerspace
Peerspace is proudly certified as a Great Place to Work™ and we’re a remote first company with team members located in cities around the globe. Beyond competitive salary and equity compensation, we provide a range of benefits and perks, including:
● 100% employee coverage of medical, dental and vision insurance
● $500 annual professional development allowance
● Discount on all Peerspace bookings
● Laptop, high res display, and stipend to setup home office
● Monthly cell phone and internet credit
● Coworking membership if needed (in lieu of home office)
● Access to the Peerspace network of inspiring spaces to do your best work
● Flexible take it as you need it time off policy
● Wellness Fridays observed company wide
● Biannual in-person, all company offsites and team-building events (in Peerspace locations, of course)
At Peerspace, we’re dedicated to creating a team that’s diverse, equitable and inclusive. Our workplace is a space where all team members are empowered to blaze their own trail, make things happen, and take pride in their work. We believe bringing people together from different backgrounds and identities makes us stronger and better serves the Peerspace community. We’d especially like to encourage applicants from different backgrounds, locations, and experiences.