Website Guidewire Software
Are you ready for a new challenge? Come join Guidewire as a Senior Infrastructure Engineer, we would love to see your background!
Cyence Risk Analytics, within Guidewire’s Analytics and Data Services business unit, uses internet-scale data collection, adaptive machine learning and insurance risk modeling capabilities to help insurers and other financial institutions model evolving risks, develop new products and make better business decisions.
Learn more at https://www.guidewire.com/products/cyence-risk-analytics.
- Practice and advocate design, build and operate cloud-based infrastructure, focusing on IaC (Infrastructure as Code), CI/CD, and GitOps practices
- Influence engineers to improve the reliability and scalability of our infrastructure and systems
- Operate non-prod and highly available production cloud environments
- Ability to rapidly absorb new technologies and have the desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Provide technical guidance and educate team members and coworkers on infrastructure development and operations best practices
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent industry technical skills
- Experience working with or on a SaaS production environment for enterprises
- Ability to balance strategic and tactical skills and work with cross-functional teams
- Experienced in building a scalable infrastructure platform using Kubernetes, Docker and other related cloud native technologies
- Strong experience in using public cloud providers, preferably AWS
- Good understanding of cloud networking and security, hands-on knowledge securing networks and systems
- Comfortable with Linux system administration, with the ability to program/script using Python, Go, Java, shell or equivalent
- Have Agile, systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong interpersonal skills and a sense of ownership and drive
- Experience in designing, analyzing and solving problems for large-scale distributed systems
- Solid experience in designing and implementing automated provisioning infrastructure, following IaC & GitOps patterns
- Experience with build engineering tools such as Jenkins
- Proficiency with databases and SQL, experience with database administration, performance tuning and schema design
- Familiarity with open source distributed data processing frameworks such as Hadoop, Apache Spark, AWS RedShift, etc.
- Understanding of data flows, data architecture, ETL and processing of structured and unstructured data
- Experience with NodeJS