–COVID-19 Hiring Update–
As the health and safety of our candidates and our employees come first, we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews and new hire on-boarding.
Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth and innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for ‘Most Innovative Use of AI’ from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team and help the world manage risk in real time. You’ll work with 800+ talented people across eight offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
Who You Are:
You’re a full stack software engineer with an interest in developing high performance web applications that enable complex AI systems at scale. You are knowledgeable in software engineering design and best practices and have experience writing production quality code for customer-facing web applications. You are creative, curious, and driven to develop software solutions that enable Dataminr’s mission of detecting events and delivering alerts that help save lives.
As a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer at Dataminr, you'll work with the AI Group to develop entirely new software applications supporting rapid prototyping, exploration, and iterative development of AI technologies and products. You’ll partner with product, design, and engineering teams to deliver new capabilities that enable scaling Dataminr’s event detection and alert creation platforms. You’ll lead the technical design and development of frontend web applications and their backend APIs. You’ll also derive great satisfaction from the positive impact you’re having on the world.
- Develop dynamic web applications, including both the frontend UI and backend APIs
- Design and develop API backends (Python) that support both web and programmatic access
- Leverage cloud-native technologies for application development and deployment (Docker, Redis, GitLab CI/CD, AWS)
- Own and manage the full software development lifecycle, including establishing coding standards, performing code reviews, and overseeing testing, optimization, and maintenance
- Experience building dynamic web application frontends (React, Redux, and/or Angular) and their API backends.
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented software design, data structures, algorithms, and problem solving.
- Experience writing production-quality code and developing complex user-facing software systems that were successfully delivered to customers.
- Experience with cloud-native application development and deployment.
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience with backend Python API frameworks such as FastAPI, Flask, or Django.
- Experience with WebSockets for implementing asynchronous client/server communications.
- Experience with gRPC and protobufs.
- Experience with task orchestration frameworks such as Apache Airflow, AWS Step Functions, or Dagster.
- Experience mentoring junior software engineers.
Why you should work here:
- We recognize and reward hard work with:
- company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning and development fund and professional training
- generous paid time off; including sick leave and 100% company paid parental leave
- in-office perks such as a kitchen stocked with snacks and beverages, and catered meals
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental and physical well being, virtual yoga, meditation and health and fitness app reimbursements
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
For individuals applying for US-based roles:
Dataminr is requiring that all prospective employees hired for this position present proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their first day of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
Dataminr is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates who are unable to be vaccinated due to a sincerely held religious belief, medical reasons, or other legally protected reasons, should contact their recruiting representative as soon as possible following any conditional offer of employment to explore what, if any, reasonable accommodations Dataminr is able to offer.
For individuals applying for Australian-based roles:
Dataminr requires (as a condition of employment) that the successful candidate for this position be fully vaccinated with a recognized and approved COVID-19 vaccine prior to commencing employment. The successful candidate will be required to present proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their first day of employment.
Candidates who are unable to be vaccinated due to a legally protected reason should contact their recruiting representative as soon as possible following any offer of employment to explore what, if any, reasonable accommodations Dataminr is able to offer.