Vault Health is a health technology company that provides medical services and tech platforms for hybrid clinical research, large-scale public and enterprise diagnostic testing, at-home clinical care, and employment screening. The company builds scalable technology which enables drug manufacturers and trial sponsors to bring new therapies to market faster through efficient decentralized clinical research and seamless integration across partners. Vault’s 50-state medical practice covers more than 20 therapeutic areas and provides clinical expertise to Vault’s clinical research, diagnostic testing, and clinical care businesses. Vault was founded in 2019 and is based in Miami, Florida.
This individual will be an integral part of the Vault FP&A team and will help to develop the financial strategy and processes for Vault’s clinical research business. Reporting to the Head of Finance for the Clinical Research Division, the Senior Finance Analyst will assist with the preparation of divisional and project-specific forecasts, provide support for strategic, data-driven decision-making, and present results, insights and conclusions to company leaders. The Senior Financial Analyst will help to design systems and processes for measuring performance and issuing timely, insightful reporting. The candidate for this position will be comfortable with large amounts of data, exhibit advanced financial modeling capabilities, and demonstrate the ability to articulate meaningful and insightful conclusions.
What to expect:
- Partner with clinical research project management team, operational leaders, and FP&A to develop and maintain divisional and project-level forecasts.
- Support the financial performance of clinical research projects through financial reporting and change order management.
- Develop project-specific budgets in partnership with a cross-functional team to guide pricing strategy and partnership decisions.
- Compile data into concise, meaningful, and impactful reports to inform decision-making and support financial reporting processes.
- Support FP&A and accounting to report monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements and results, and to analyze results and variances.
- Coordinate with business functions and accounting to understand and explain budget variances.
- Develop processes to improve and optimize forecast development and periodic reporting.
- Build analyses and high-quality decks for C-level staff members and Board of Directors reporting.
Who you are:
- 3+ years of experience in accounting, corporate finance, or startup FP&A.
- Exceptional Excel modeling capabilities and analytical skills.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills with success in collaborating across matrixed organizations.
- Prior experience in clinical research project financial management and forecasting preferred.
- Prior experience in project financial analysis and ASC 606 revenue recognition preferred.
- Organized, flexible, and adaptable to changing conditions, with ability to innovate when facing novel, open-ended problems.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Google Docs/Sheets, and Salesforce.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preference for Business/Finance/Economics or related field. CPA, CFA or similar certification preferred.
- Healthcare or life sciences experience is preferred but not required.