How You’ll Support Our Mission
ESO is transforming healthcare and public safety through integrated product experiences that our Engineering teams create, nurture and evolve. As the Senior Director over ESO’s data platform, you will drive the strategy to broaden and deepen our analytical capabilities across our cloud applications, business intelligence solutions and external industry partners.
ESO’s infrastructure runs primarilyin Azure where IaaS, PaaS and Serverless technologies are employed. You should be familiar with modern DevOps pipelines, event-driven architectures and cloud technologies that support scalable, distributed systems. High throughput data engineering pipelines and autoscaling services supporting analytical reporting capabilities are core to our ecosystem as well.
Technical aptitude is clearly important for this position but above all else, we seek leaders who can truly develop high performing teams. You are expected to lead from the front, with clear vison, direction and communication skills that enable our engineers to do their best work in an environment where teamwork shines.
What You’ll Be Doing
This role reports to the CTO. You can expect to:
· Recruit, hire and retain A+ talent
· Define technical roadmaps for our data platform teams
· Create a scalable program to manage the delivery and governance of ESO’s data products using Data Mesh principles as the conceptual framework
· Participate in budgeting exercises for proposing strategic technology investments and staffing
· Collaborate with engineering and product leadership to accelerate the time to market for features within ESO’s SaaS business intelligence tools
· Ensure transactional cloud applications follow a patterned approach for transforming and loading data for use in analytical systems.
· Manage the delivery of modern cloud infrastructure, ELT pipelines and APIs that enable data sharing between products and business domains
· Drive proof-of-concept and prototyping work to production readiness with high quality, security, and performance standards
· Ensure robust automation recipes are established for Infrastructure as Code / continuous delivery of data engineering, data warehouse and business intelligence solutions
· Coach, mentor and inspire technical contributors and managers that own cross-product solution delivery
Who You Are – the essentials
Some of the things required to be successful in the role:
· 8+ years of experience building, leading and inspiring high-performing Engineering teams
· A track record of adapting delivery strategies and architectures to increase deployment tempo, reduce cycle times and improve product quality metrics within a SaaS platform
· Strong knowledge of analytics, data engineering and data governance patterns and practices
· Experience with Data Warehouse / Data Lake / Data Lakehouse architectures
· Fluency in domain-driven design, microservice architectures and cloud-native recipes for building scalable, maintainable, and observable systems
· Experience with Agile development methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, etc.)
· Familiarity with modern DevOps and release management practices
· Ability to inspire and foster an environment of collaborative, creative problem solving
· Excellent interpersonal skills and high emotional intelligence
Who You Are – the desirables
It’s a plus if you have:
· Experience in Healthcare / Public Safety sectors
· Experience with Azure / AWS
· Experience with Snowflake and embedded analytics solutions