Winrock International is a nonprofit organization that works with people in the United States and around the world to empower the disadvantaged, increase economic opportunity, and sustain natural resources. Winrock matches innovative approaches with the unique needs of its partners.
The Senior Director of Global Operational Support (GOS) is responsible for assessing, standardizing and improving Winrock operational systems and processes, both in HO and the field. Provides direct capacity building support to projects to ensure operational excellence. The SD of GOS leads and manages major Operations initiatives, develops and delivers select trainings, supports units within operations on ensuring that all trainings achieve desired results, and is a primary resource to both Home Office (HO) and field staff on operational issues.
- Assess current operations systems and make recommendations on improvements to promote compliance and efficiency.
- Lead and manage major initiatives such as the development of the grant management software and organizational filing system. This includes reviewing the current design, working closely with contracted software developers and business unit owners, testing and trouble-shooting any issues. The SD GOS will also develop relevant trainings and design and oversee the global rollout of operations designed software programs.
- Serves as a policies, rules and regulations resource to both program and field staff as well as other operations units.
- Identify operations training needs globally and liaise with appropriate units to design and deliver relevant trainings. Develop and implement monitoring plan to determine if trainings are having the desired impact.
- Serves as primary liaison from Operations with Risk and Compliance Unit.
- Supports COO in development, oversight, implementation and modification of internal policies, procedures and processes.
- Work with new business on sections related to operational services in proposals
- Strengthen start up and close out operations support for projects
- Establish framework and rollout of relevant community of practice groups
QUALIFICATIONS AND BACKGROUND:
- Relevant degree or equivalent experience.
- At least twelve years of senior level international development operations experience across functional areas including contract and grant management, procurement and program management.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of US government regulations and requirements
- Experience working in international development program or operations positions based in the US and in developing countries.
- Experience developing, implementing and overseeing organizational policies and procedures
- Demonstrated experience in developing and delivering high impact trainings
- Diplomacy, strong negotiation and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to successfully work cross culturally
- Ability to prioritize and perform a variety of tasks on short notice within designated deadlines.
- Strong understanding of changing technology and innovations relevant to streamlining operational tasks.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong computer skills in word, excel and other office packages.
- Must be able to travel globally
As a condition of employment at Winrock, all US-based Winrock staff, regardless of location or must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Winrock offers competitive pay and an excellent benefits package.
Winrock is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and value diversity and inclusiveness. Winrock recruits, employs, trains, promotes and compensates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law.
At Winrock we have a clear mission: Empower the disadvantaged, increase economic opportunity and sustain natural resources through unwavering dedication to accountability, equity, innovation, integrity and transformation.
Winrock knows that its success comes from the hard work and steadfast dedication of its diverse workforce. Winrock remains committed to maintaining diversity, inclusion and equity across the entire organization