Senior DevSecOps Engineer (R&D)
Remote or Reston, Virginia
MetroStar Systems is an award-winning IT management consulting firm that works with over 20 public sector clients across law enforcement, foreign affairs, military, and regulatory. We are looking for a DevSecOps Engineer as part of our Client Solutions Group (CSG) to help shape strategy through the delivery of sustainable intelligent solutions, strategic customer engagements, and research and development.
The Client Solutions Group (CSG) is MetroStar’s internal applied research and development (R&D) group. The CSG is a group of technologists hyper-focused on R&D that pushes the boundaries and executes complex solutions using cutting-edge tools, technologies, and approaches. We align innovation to corporate strategy by amplifying thought leadership, supporting customer delivery, building technology partnerships, and mentoring future technologists.
As part of our CSG team, you will help support the expansion and maturation of our Cloud, DevSecOps, and Cybersecurity capabilities aligned to the CSG’s pillars to: develop capabilities, develop thought leadership, support growth and delivery, and develop and mentor talent. Your success will determine our DevSecOps, Cloud, and Cyber strategy and portfolio of solutions and tools required to deliver solutions and make an impact on the broader strategic goals for MetroStar and each Business Unit.
You're a great fit if you have:
- Five years’ experience building solutions and solving complex software development problems
- Experience with commercial cloud environments such as AWS, Linux administration, networking, and scripting
- A solid understanding of network and software security concepts, containerization technologies, orchestration, and related best practices
- The ability to learn quickly
- A knack for technology (Cloud, DevSecOps, Engineering)
- You are an open-source technology evangelist and contributor
You'll love our position if:
(This is the stuff you MUST have to be a fit)
- You can demonstrate extensive experience defining and driving platform-based products, services, or solutions.
- You have a strong track record of incubating/building DevSecOps capabilities, API platform strategies, driving platform execution with engineering and launching cloud solutions
- You employ strong interpersonal and communication skills, with a proven ability to influence and build consensus across a broad range of backgrounds, organizational levels, and personalities
- You are a hands-on engineer or coder with extensive experience in Linux, Python, Cloud (AWS, Azure, or GCP), CI/CD tools, Kubernetes, and other open-source technologies
- You have a passion for problem solving and using emerging technologies to successfully meet requirements
- You are clearable to the level of Top-Secret (TS) security clearance or have an active TS
What your day will look like:
- You will code, develop, and innovate technical solutions and automated CI/CD pipelines
- You'll establish and maintain Cloud, DevSecOps, and Cyber strategies for execution and growth of the operation across our public sector clients
- You'll identify and implement automation strategies in the SDLC process that enable high quality, rapid delivery of new solutions across multiple clouds
- You'll seek ways to continuously optimize and improve all operational aspects of our cyber solutions across Cloud and DevOps (DevSecOps)
- You'll collaborate with CSG Directors and Principles creating unique solutions and capabilities
- You'll lead and support DevSecOps tech challenges and proposals with team members
- Assist Growth Team and Account Leads in the expansion and enhancement of a pipeline to support short- and long-range growth plans
- Participate in long range strategic planning activities designed to meet the Company’s objectives and to increase its enterprise value and revenue goals
The Admin Stuff: In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
The Legal Stuff: MetroStar Systems is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of MetroStar Systems.