Founded in 2013, Skedulo is a fast-growing SaaS company headquartered in San Francisco and with offices in Australia, Vietnam, and the United Kingdom. Here, we use the latest technologies and best engineering practices to deliver groundbreaking software that is making a difference around the world.
If you’re drawn to solving interesting hard problems, Skedulo is for you. Over the past 20 years, less than 5% of software investment has been focused on the needs of the world’s 2.7 billion mobile workers, and the mobile workforce is our sole focus. Join us as we build a scalable platform for the world’s largest brands working with the most respected technology partners.
Skedulo is a momentum leader in Field Service Management (based on G2 Winter 2021 rating) and is growing rapidly to meet the demands of a post-Covid world. This is a compelling opportunity to join a fast-growth, enterprise grade, SaaS based business where an outstanding mobile experience is at the heart of our product and user experience.
As a Senior Infrastructure Engineer in our Infrastructure Squad, you will be responsible for delivering scalable infrastructure for the product development teams to build upon, the network infrastructure to facilitate secure communications, and performant network traffic between global teams and our services. You will be a champion of observability and performance of our services, providing technical leadership through coaching and mentorship of other Engineers to ensure software can be best in class for stability and performance.
- Day to Day
- Anticipates and communicates blockers, delays, and cost ballooning across teams, before they require escalation.
- Takes ownership of decisions made across multiple tribes by helping them make clear decisions in alignment with PD goals, backing decisions made, and taking responsibility for their success.
- Ensures their commitments are realistic, understands their priority and urgency, and delivers upon them accordingly.
- Technical Duties
- Provides effective input to technical discussions / decisions that impact the company’s ability to deliver quality engineering solutions.
- Consults and assists with implementation projects for any tribe in PD
- Drives observability work across multiple tribes based on the PD’s observability approach.
- Delivers infrastructure enhancements with minimal technical assistance
- Contributes to incident response, recovery, review and remediation for any tribe in PD as needed.
- Communication Duties
- Communicate within your squad in an effective, clear, concise manner in both written and verbal form on technical and non technical subjects.
- Consistently works within your squad to help resolve blockers, and complete work tasks.
- Leadership Duties
- Mentors more junior teammates in an open, respectful, flexible, and empathetic manner
- Models Skedulo and PD values
- Must have 3+ years cloud experience
- Must have 2+ years container orchestration (preferable Kubernetes)
- Must have 2+ years cloud automation experience (Terraform preferred)
- Strong AWS experience, particularly in multi-account organizations
We encourage you to apply
If you read through the requirements as a checklist and haven’t ticked every box, please don’t rule yourself out just yet. We’ve seen the research that women and other people in underrepresented groups tend to only apply when the checklist is all ticks and no crosses. Don’t self reject!
Skedulo is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that a diverse makeup of our workforce is a reflection of the communities we care about and serve. We are committed to creating a diverse workplace and inclusive culture. All qualified candidates are considered for employment regardless of race, color, ancestry, age, religion, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status, marital status, mental or physical disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Fun, creative and fast-paced working environment
- Competitive Healthcare Benefits
- Competitive salary
- 7 paid sick days per year
- 4 weeks paid leave per year
- 10 days paid public holiday per year
- Stock Options/ Equity
- 401k 4% Company Match
- Paid Parental Leave
- Learning & Development Stipend
- Employee Referral Bonus