As an industry leader and Software-as-a-Service provider our mission at 8×8, Inc. [NYSE: EGHT] is to transform the future of business communications. The 8×8 Open Communications Platform (TM) uniquely brings together Voice, Video, Collaboration, Contact Center, and enterprise-class API solutions, helping businesses across the globe transform their customer and employee experience, and empowering workforces worldwide to work smarter.
You, as our new colleague, will be in responsible for building and extending our evolving continuous delivery platform with the goal of moving changes to production faster and safer while ensuring operational best practices are supported. The position is highly technical and balanced between engineering and operations roles such as systems configuration management and software development. We would like for our new colleague to be a self-starter who can act independently, lead other team members, and represent operations core values across the organization.
- Design, develop and deploy infrastructure automation solutions for 8×8 environments.
- Build new continuous integration and delivery pipelines
- Deployments and service management for Public Cloud with primary focus on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure
- Provide best practices, recommendations, and guidance for Public Cloud usage (e.g. OCI)
- Operational point of contact for development, operations, and Quality Engineering.
- Work on automation and implemented continuous integration processes with Terraform, Ansible, Jenkins and Git.
- Evaluate current development procedures, recommend and implement tools and practices to increase efficiency and repeatability.
- Operational review of existing architecture with the goal of automating and improving the existing and future environments.
- Configure, deploy, and run Open Source Software.
- Maintain strong expertise and knowledge of current and emerging technologies and products
- Work closely with other teams and understand the functionality of applications and assist with various automation and configuration tasks.
- Engineer with the goal of continuous delivery using containers and Kubernetes.
- Provide support on Incident Response.
- Contribute and maintain documentation ensuring knowledge is shared within the team.
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to understand a broad strategic vision and to be a team player
- Ability to multitask and take on new technologies.
- Experience with a highly available and scalable SaaS.
- Have a broad understanding of development, web operations, SDLC, etc.
Strong technical foundation in several of the following technologies:
- Linux systems administration
- Container Workflows: Kubernetes, ECS
- Virtualization: Vagrant, VirtualBox, VMware
- Proven experience in scripting languages ( Python and Bash). Knowledge of other languages is a plus.
- Cloud computing: AWS, OCI, GCP, Openstack
- Configuration management: Ansible
- Monitoring tools: Prometheus, Grafana
Working at 8×8:
- Industry leading, award winning technology and recognised on two Gartner Magic Quadrants
- Inclusive, supportive and collaborative culture yet with a winning mentality
- Encouragement and environment to make a difference
- Fun – check out our Instagram posts in the UK, Romania and the US, the smiles are real
- Deep passion for doing the best for our customers, giving them the best service and the best technology
- 25 annual leave days. Additional vacation of 1 leave day for every 2 complete years of employment (max. up to 5 days)
- Bank Holidays (Public Holidays) during the weekend, are observed on weekdays
- Participation in the company’s bonus scheme – based on company performance and individual performance
- Private Pension
- Group Life Insurance
- Private Healthcare
- Meal Tickets
- Telecom allowance
- Newborn allowance
- Christmas and Easter Allowance
- Gym membership
- Employee engagement activities and events
- Learning and training initiatives
- Flexible working schedule
- Restricted stock unit: generous grant of stocks that you receive when signing with us, enabling you to own a part of the company