Here at Datacom we connect people and technology in order to solve challenges, create opportunities and discover new possibilities for the communities we live in
The Nuts and Bolts
We have over 6,200 people across our global offices, and generate an annual revenue of over $1.2 billion, this makes us one of Australasia’s largest professional IT services companies. We have extensive expertise in operating data centres, providing IT services, software engineering and application management, as well as payroll and customer service design and operations. With this comes a long list of significant clients Datacom is committed to hiring, developing and promoting the best talent from a diverse range of backgrounds. We are local at heart, yet world-class in capability.
About the Role
The Senior Database Administrator role provides complex technical maintenance and support services to our customer base.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline.
- Industry recognised certificates i.e. OCP
- Relevant knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server technology.
- Hands on experience managing, installing and configuring single and cluster database instances.
- Working in cloud environments such as Azure.
- 5-7+ years of experience with large, corporate Databases.
- Strong skills in SQL Server, including architecture, problem-solving, and performance tuning.
- Automation and scripting.
- Exceptional trouble shooting, analytical and problem-solving skills
Desirable but no essential
- Engineered systems.
- Related platform technologies (hypervisor, OS, SAN, third party products).
- Working on engineering engagements.
- Database upgrades, migrations and decommission activities.
- Automating deployment and / or operational tasks.
- Skill with other database technologies such as Sybase, Informix, DB2 etc.
The Senior Database Administratoris responsible for;
Installing and configuring Database systems, patches and upgrades.
Implementing new Databases and associated objects.
Monitoring and reporting on Database service availability. Managing the development, testing and production Database environments.
Conducting all aspects of capacity planning, performance monitoring and tuning of relational databases.
Implementing and auditing Database security.
Performing backup and recovery of corporate databases.
Liaising with application users to confirm requirements for system, backup and other requirements.
Contributing to the development of policies and procedures governing corporate Database operations and related issues.
Carrying out proactive tasks such as incident trending, monitoring and tuning thresholds, task automation and improving existing toolsets.
Administering database software packages and patches. Implements, maintains and enforces database security according to established security policies and standards.
Implementing, maintaining and enforcing database security according to established security policies and standards.
- Takes reasonable care that their actions (or inactions) do not harm the Health and Safety of self or others. Reports all incidents, hazards or unsafe work practices as per Datacom policy.
Why you want to join us
At Datacom we believe that doing good, is good for business. We’ve maintained our local family feel whilst expanding globally, across Australia, ASIA, US and the UK. Our brand and reputation depend on ‘proving the promise’ and we aspire to be the trusted advisor for our customers across Government and the private sector from enterprise scale to regional business. We offer our staff a competitive salary package, fantastic perks and benefits like healthcare, life insurance, discounts at local retailers and a supportive, flexible working environment. If you want to join a company making a difference, apply now!