Who we are:
Bixal is a mission-driven, woman-owned small business determined to improve people’s lives through human-centered strategies and transformative technologies, with a firm belief that everyone has the right to an effective government.
We deliver on this belief by partnering with leading Federal agencies to design, develop, and deliver powerful customer experiences through holistic digital product solutions and strategic communications initiatives––bringing a high standard and unique creative energy to our clients––and our wonderfully diverse culture is what makes it all possible.
Bixal unites different people with different perspectives from all over the world! We provide our team with an open and empowered environment where collaboration thrives and solutions flourish.
This role can work remotely from anywhere in the USA. You must be legally authorized to work in the US. Bixal does not provide visa sponsorship.
What will you do?
As a strategic Sr. Communications Lead, you will coordinate communication efforts across a large team of researchers, designers, engineers, data scientists, product managers, and scrum masters. You will plan and coordinate execution of internal and external communications plans, including promoting data visualization tools, increasing engagement with public health data systems, and disseminating public health reports that maintain the integrity of the featured data to policy makers. You will be part of a collaborative, cross-functional team that identifies key messages around stakeholder needs and information about data-driven products that support key decision makers.
The ideal candidate has experience in public health areas/topics, especially in healthcare data, and a background in translating complex information into content solutions that deliver the right content, to the right people, in the right place and at the right time.
- Develop, plan, and coordinate communications plans for Bixal and our clients.
- Work with the user researcher to understand audiences and provide insight on strategic messaging to reach those users.
- Lead workshops to collaborate on the development of strategic communications campaigns.
- Manage supportive client relationship and guide client toward best practices around communications tactics.
- Develop communications strategies to solve complex medical data informational challenges.
- Compose data narratives and storytelling around medical data and its relationship to key State, CMCS and Research partners.
- Understand client needs and advocate to ensure project success.
- Perform other duties as required.
- 7+ years professional communications experience, preferably in health communications.
- Degree in a relevant field (English, Communications, Social Sciences).
- Experience developing communications solutions for complex organizations.
- Experience implementing communications strategies as part of cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to lead communications strategy across the entire web development process.
- Experience in working with Agile teams where work is centered around data sets and analyst.
- Experience in guiding the writing, sourcing, and aggregation of content.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience using data and analytics to support strategy.
- Ability to interface with all levels of management.
- Experience in health sector or health communications.
- Passion for helping underserved communities.
Nice to Haves:
- Master of Public Health (MPH), Master of Public Administration (MPA), or other health-related degree
- Previous experience with CMS or in federal health
- Experience working as part of an Agile team
- Understanding of digital best practices and federal Section 508 and plain language standards.
- Understanding of holistic user-centered design processes, and how content strategy fits in and elevates the work.