It turns out… unicorns are real! FreshBooks reached unicorn status after raising our valuation to more than $1 billion, and we couldn’t be more thrilled. But why are we so excited? Because every success at FreshBooks allows us to build better, stronger accounting software and products, worthy of the trust of Business Owners everywhere. We’ve expanded beyond our Canadian roots, and now have entities across seven countries and counting. What’s more, FreshBooks knows that great people live all over the globe (not just where we have offices), and that different folks thrive in different working environments. Remote, onsite, and everything in between, you’ll find it here.
About the Role
Prefer to watch and listen before you dive in and reading what we’re looking for in our next team member? We’ve got you covered! Check out this little video to learn more (and to see that yes, Directors of Talent Acquisition can also be a little awkward when wrapping up videos ): https://youtu.be/jeAOoCTjS0U
As a Senior Commercial/GTM Recruiter at FreshBooks, you will work with and select incredible talent who will join FreshBooks. You’ll work with Hiring Managers to solve pivotal searches that bring FreshBooks products and services to the world, and keep Business Owners thriving. You’ll bring a strong understanding of all things talent acquisition as you build well-rounded Commercial-focused search strategies, deeply informed by your understanding of specific talent markets and work-back plans to help you achieve your goals. You’ll build representative candidate panels that ensure that we are building the strongest version of FreshBooks to date. Finally, you’ll build strong relationships with candidates and hiring teams alike, and showcase FreshBooks’ PORCHFEST values as you create the best candidate experience in the industry.
Whether you're based in Halifax, Calgary, Vancouver, Winnipeg (or most other locations in Canada), we'd love to hear from you!
What you'll do as a Senior Commercial Recruiter
- Find and engage top talent. You understand that there are a lot of companies vying for the attention of top talent. When you find great folks, your messages resonate with the candidate as a person, not just a prospect
- Learn and teach. You default to collaboration and readily share what you’ve learned with the recruiting team, recruiting partners, and the business to improve the recruiting craft at FreshBooks.
- Build strategic partnerships with FreshBooks leaders and foster relationships with candidates. You advocate for candidates from non-traditional or complementary backgrounds with hiring managers, and act as recruiter AND consultant for your candidates, touching on everything you’ve learned about them throughout the process to lead to a high offer acceptance rate
- Analyse and use data. You know your KPIs and conversion rates, and seek ways to tweak and improve those that are within your direct control and influence, and to feed lessons learned from outcomes back into your process
- Experiment. You loathe stagnation, love trying out a new approach, and sharing the results with your team.
What you'll bring to the role
- Experience with and investment in recruiting as a craft. You have a track record of engaging, selecting, and hiring impactful team members in other organisations and are excited to share what you’ve learned with a new team (and to learn from your teammates in turn)
- Dedication to building diverse teams. You know that diverse teams outperform homogenous ones, and advocate for the effort and attention needed to build a diverse pool of candidates
- A track record of mentoring others. You’ve been in recruiting for a while, and are eager to help others level up in their craft
- Strong ownership of process. You’re a builder at heart and thrive when given space to create the best version of the recruiting process for the teams you partner with
- Technical fluency. You have a keen understanding of the ways that disciplines across a SaaS organisation partner to bring strong products to market. You’ve used modern recruiting tools such as Greenhouse, Gem, and LinkedIn Talent Insights and platforms such as Crunchbase to inform and accelerate your searches
- Resiliency and default to action. You manage multiple competing priorities with confidence, shift focus as business needs arise, and proactively manage the expectations of those you work with
- Resourcefulness and comfort with autonomy. You’ll find a lot of support here at FreshBooks, coupled with a whole lot of trust. You approach new challenges with a learner’s mindset, knowing that you might not know how to tackle every new search or situation, but are pretty sure that you can figure it out
- Operational mindset and data-informed approach. You know that recruitment is a system, and look for ways to break complex challenges into more manageable parts. You love a good work-back plan, and take an iterative approach to your work.
Our commitments to you
- Tech that matters. You will work with a modern recruiting tech stack to automate the mundane, making space for creativity
- Accelerated growth. You will grow and be challenged as a recruiter in rewarding ways, largely because you’ll be trusted to make the best decisions for your searches. We believe in bringing on the best people, and then moving out of their way to solve tough problems
- Supportive peer group. You will find yourself amongst people who truly care about each other across the organisation, and believe in collective impact
- Executive sponsorship. You will have executive support for your team’s work. Our CEO sees the power a strong recruiting team can bring to a scaling organisation, and is in full support of building this craft at FreshBooks
- Local and global impact. You and your team are often the first points of contact that future FreshBookers have with the company. They will, in turn, build the future products and services for millions of small business owners, many of whom are in your community
If you found yourself getting more excited as you watched the video or read this posting, please consider applying. Even if your experience doesn't meet everything bullet on the above lists, we'd love to learn more about you and why you think that Commercial Recruiting at FreshBooks is the next step in your career.
Please note: this posting will close on Friday, May 13 (spooky!) at 5.00pm PDT
Important Contextual Information
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, mental disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other status. All applicants are considered based on their qualifications and merits. At FreshBooks, we inspire an environment of mutual respect and we believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or email@example.com.
What You’ll Love About Working Here
- Our ever-expanding, global team cares about making accounting incredibly easy for business owners around the world
- Amazing growth and mentorship opportunities from a team dedicated to shipping extraordinary experiences
- Collaborative remote or hybrid model with a global team
- Two weeks parental paid leave and paid leave top-up
- Health & dental coverage tailored to your local office
- Generous time off – including vacation, volunteer, and innovation days
- Health and Wellness credits
- Learning and development opportunities that are both in-house and external
- Retirement savings programs matched to your local office
- Stock options for all full-time employees
- And finally, we have fun at work…Want to start a chess club? Awesome. Want to host a homemade-ice-cream-making Zoom night? YES! I'll grab a spoon. Whatever your passion is, bring it to FreshBooks, tell others about it, and enjoy what you do every day