Candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to qualify for this role. See below for more information.
Our internal audit team (or “YAR” as we call it, for Yelp Assessment of Risk) is looking for a Senior Auditor, Technology to support our team’s SOX Compliance initiatives and other internal audit projects.
Yelp is in that sweet ‘Goldilocks’ spot of being a company that’s not too big or too small. Here you will have your voice and recommendations heard and get the chance to contribute to implementing things that will impact the business down the road and lay the foundation for years to come. We’re looking for an individual who brings enthusiasm and curiosity into their role. It’s a culture where auditors are not looked upon as ‘scary’ – people here will be receptive to your ideas! If you are interested in moving the bar instead of the bar moving you, then we’d like to speak with you.
A bit about us: The YAR team was founded in 2014 and has evolved to be a trusted partner in achieving the Company’s goals and objectives. You will be joining a team committed to helping each other grow as we provide a unique platform to attract, develop, and train talented professionals. Our team works hard, but also has diverse interests outside of work too. We’re musicians, foodies, and world travelers — we embrace the Yelp value of “Be Unboring!”
The role will report to the Senior Manager of YAR.
This is a full-time remote position based in the United States.
Where you come in:
- You will participate in the execution of SOX compliance activities including understanding business processes and underlying systems, participating in walkthroughs, and performing tests of design and operational effectiveness for key controls.
- You will support internal audit projects and other team initiatives identified during the year.
- You will document accurate and detailed workpapers clearly describing the tests, result of work performed, and conclusions reached.
- You will evaluate control deficiencies, including collaborating with control owners on root cause identification, mitigating controls, impact analysis, and remediation action plans.
- You will identify control gaps and opportunities to gain process efficiency.
- You will build effective working relationships and trust with our business partners across the organization.
- You will proactively follow-up, track, and close out identified audit findings.
- You will participate in readiness reviews for emerging risks.
- You will identify efficiency improvement opportunities to increase the value we provide to Yelp.
- You will help to educate the company on the role of YAR and the value we bring.
What it takes to succeed:
- You have 3-5 years in an auditing and/or finance role.
- You have a BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field.
- You ideally have a certification such as CPA, CIA, CISA, or appropriate equivalent.
- You have experience working cross-functionally and with multiple business partners.
- You are comfortable in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment.
- You are familiar with high-tech and cloud-based systems and their associated risks.
- You are an effective communicator (oral and written), with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- You have experience with or are open to data analytical routines to support audits.
- Experience testing SOX Business Process or Operational audits is a plus.