At Monzo we’re aiming to build the best bank in the world. We are always keen to hear from capable, creative people who want to help us accomplish that goal. We want our bank to be safe and secure for our customers, so security is very important to us.
Security at Monzo
We are looking for a proactive, technically-minded and organised Vulnerability Management Lead to join our Information Security team in the bank’s 1st line of defence which has the ownership, responsibility and accountability for directly assessing, controlling and managing risk.
The team is part of Monzo’s Security team which has a wide range of responsibilities, from infrastructure security to application and information security.
You will be working directly with the engineers who are building our platform (rather than in a stand-alone compliance team.
As a bank, we are solving diverse, novel problems to ensure that our customers and data are secure, you will have the opportunity to make a direct impact on that.
One of the guiding principles of security at Monzo is that security at the expense of user experience is a last resort. We aim to move mountains in the background such that we can build world-class features without compromising on security.
- Think creatively about how to engage people with necessary information security knowledge and skills
- Be innovative in delivery across communications, training and engagement for information security topics, delivering an approach aligned to Monzo’s culture and people
- Understand the key behavioural risks related to information security for the Monzo workforce deliver engaging work to mitigate against these
- Define, design and deliver information security communications, events and activities to increase understanding of security risks and help people safeguard against them
- Work with programme teams within Security to help them identify and understand people impact of any delivery, and plan accordingly
- Build relationships with, and manage and influence stakeholders to have meaningful conversations about the priority of security, and work successfully with people to deliver against the roadmap
- Contribute to the success of a champion network, leveraging people across Monzo to help drive secure behaviours
- Drive continuous improvement
- Have a measurable impact on employee risk reduction in relation to information security
You should apply if:
- You have strong experience in, and a passion for, changing behaviours through effective communication and engagement
- You think creatively about communication challenges
- You are a great communicator, written and verbal, and can cleary translate complicated messages to give clarity for wider audiences
- You are comfortable working autonomously, and are confident in engaging stakeholders in order to achieve results
- You have experience sourcing and managing third parties
- You have an understanding of behavioural and process driven information security risks
- You thrive in an energetic, fast paced environment
Equal Opportunity Statement
At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.