Are you interested in working with a leading education technology player, the global leader in the assessment and certification of professional skills industry with presence in more than 200 countries worldwide? If so, this is the chance to apply now!
PeopleCert is looking for Remote Marking Interlocutors that will conduct and assess online candidates’ speaking proficiency in English in accordance with stringent assessment criteria and processes, through our platforms. This position refers to the LanguageCert International ESOL (Speaking & Listening) exam suite.
The Remote Marking Interlocutor Team operates during the following blocks: 11:00-14:00 and 14:30-18:00.
Shortlisted candidates will have to take an assessment as the first part of our recruitment process, as we are looking for associates who will be able to start as soon as possible.
As a Remote Marking Interlocutor, your tasks will include the following:
- Conduct the spoken interview remotely, in strict accordance with the exam specifications
- Mark the exam upon completion of the session
- Ensure standardization and consistency of the exam process
- Assess interviews
- Provide feedback on assessment materials
- Carry out any reasonably allocated duties and tasks, relevant to the role and the scope of activities by applying a flexible & adaptable customer- centric approach to serve PeopleCert’s multinational presence and global operations across multiple time zones
- Ensure their work is aligned with company’s values, “Quality – Passion – Integrity – Innovation”, at all times
What we look for:
- Bachelor’s degree in English Language or similar field (Linguistics, Education, ELT/TESOL) desired, alternatively any undergraduate degree and a TEFL/TESOL qualification (Level 5 and above) from a recognized institution
- 4 years’ full-time TEFL teaching experience desired
- Postgraduate, Research and/or Teaching Qualifications will be taken into consideration
- Exceptional command of the English language (C2+), excellent fluency in spoken English
- A very good level of IT literacy, familiarity with online learning platforms
- Working knowledge of Common European Framework for Languages
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Well organized, self-driven, flexible and able to work in a high-volume, fast-paced, and deadline-driven environment
- Prior working experience in the certification of persons and/or training and exam fields desired
- Prioritization and project management skills, and ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
What we offer:
- Work in an international, dynamic and fun atmosphere among young and smart people
- Two free vouchers for all certifications from PeopleCert’s Portfolio per year for all employees
- Complimentary coffee and tea in all our premises ☕
- Huge learning experience in using best practices and global environment
- Constant personal and professional development
- 100% Virtual Hiring Process
If you want to become a member of our international, dynamic and agile team that creates world leading software products, then we should certainly like to hear from you!
PeopleCert is a global leader in assessment and certification of professional skills, partnering with multi-national organizations and government bodies for the development & delivery of standardized exams. Delivering exams across 200 countries and in 25 languages over its state-of-the-art assessment technology, PeopleCert enables professionals to boost their careers and realize their life ambitions.
Quality, Innovation, Passion, Integrity are the core values which guide everything we do.
Our offices in UK, Greece, and Cyprus boast a culture of diversity, where everyone is different, yet everyone fits in. All of us at PeopleCert are committed to the reflection of the diversity and inclusion of our customers and the communities in which we do business.
Working on Home Office (HO) Secure English Language Tests (SELTs)
Any person who is engaged by PeopleCert to work on the SELT service must undergo a Background Check (the results of which must be acceptable to PeopleCert and the HO) prior to commencing their SELT duties. All SELT personnel will be required to complete a declaration (provided by PeopleCert) where the existence of any criminal record and/or bankruptcy must be declared.
If working on the SELT service in the UK, background checks will include:
- A basic or enhanced Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check
- Right to Work in the UK check (including nationality, identity and place of residence)
- HO security check (Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) or Counter Terrorist Check (CTC)
- Financial background check
- Employment reference check
- If working on the SELT service anywhere in the world (outside of the UK) personnel will undergo background checks that are equivalent to those stated for the UK
In addition, if personnel are required to speak to SELT candidates they must be appropriately skilled in English language and, where SELT services are provided anywhere in the world (outside of the UK), the official language of the relevant country.
All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.