The Mediavine Marketing team is currently looking to fill the open position of Senior Media Relations Specialist. This role is tailor-made for a unique public relations professional with understanding of and experience in the programmatic advertising industry who is looking to take the next step in their career with an agile and exciting company. Mediavine was recently named to a list of “20 Internet Giants That Rule The Web”, sharing space with the likes of Google and Amazon. We’re on the forefront of the evolution of programmatic advertising, architecting products that will lead the way in the identity era and beyond; we need someone passionate, well-connected and tenacious to help us become a household name.
Mediavine is a fast-growing advertising management company representing over 8,500 websites in the food, lifestyle, DIY, and entertainment space. Founded by content creators, for content creators, Mediavine is a Top 20 Comscore property, exclusively reaching over 150 million monthly unique visitors. With best-in-class technology and a commitment to traffic quality and brand safety, we ensure optimal performance for our creators.
Mission & Culture
We help content creators build sustainable businesses. From educational tools and cutting-edge plugins to ad technology that maximizes earnings without slowing down websites, our motivation is ensuring your brand and business grow in every respect.
We strive to build an inclusive, diverse team of highly talented individuals that reflects the industries we serve and the world we live in. We are committed to a culture in which all feel welcome. We are looking for individuals that will challenge us to evolve, improve, and become the employer of choice for people of all backgrounds. We strongly encourage minorities and individuals from underrepresented groups in technology to apply for this position.
Diversity and inclusion aren’t platitudes to us; we take them seriously. Have a look at our team and read through our blog posts to learn more about our values and to discover if Mediavine is the place for you!
Position Title & Overview:
The Senior Media Relations Specialist is the steward of Mediavine’s image in the programmatic industry. From conceptualizing C-suite thought leadership pieces to crafting press releases and award applications that keep us on everyone’s minds, to leveraging connections with key partners and media, you’re Mediavine’s chief hype person. While this role is on the Marketing team, you will work closely with the Sales, People Ops and Business Development teams, as well as the C-suite, keeping your finger on the pulse of anything and everything newsworthy happening at the company.
The Marketing team is responsible for branding and promoting Mediavine’s many product offerings, from ad management to privacy solutions. We’re also responsible for producing collateral for every Mediavine department, from Sales pitch decks to perks one-sheeters for People Ops. In addition, we produce all of Mediavine’s external content (including blog posts, press releases, thought leadership pieces, Facebook Lives, videos, emails, social media and a podcast), as well as all events, both in person and digital.
The Senior Media Relations Specialist reports directly to the Communications Manager and the Senior Director, as part of the larger Brand team under the Chief Brand Officer.
Essential Responsibilities (others may be assigned)
- Strategize and execute company public relations campaigns from top to bottom
- Conceptualize and create press releases, thought leadership pieces and award applications
- Research and secure appropriate speaking engagements and public appearances for company leadership
- Build and maintain relationships with representatives of key partners and publications
- Contribute ideas for potential programmatic content for social media
- Explore competitive best practices, research and share new industry trends
- Applicants must be based in the United States
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, marketing or a related field
- 5+ years of PR and corporate communications experience
- 2+ years of experience in the ad tech industry
- A deep understanding of the programmatic advertising industry and strong connections therein
- Impeccable technical writing and editing capabilities
- Ability to think strategically, conceptualizing on a high level and implementing comprehensive PR campaigns for company products, recognitions, events, etc.
- A self-motivated, extremely detail oriented and independent worker with strong track record of cross-functional collaboration
- Pervasive, positive attitude while juggling multiple projects and personalities
- Exceptionally strong organizational skills and drive, with the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Dedication to setting and achieving quantifiable goals for all PR content, tracking the efficacy and adjusting tactics as needed
- Remote work environment
- Travel opportunities (yes, they are back!)
- Comprehensive benefits including 401k, Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Learning allowance
- Generous Vacation/Time off policies
- Additional side benefits such as home-office upgrades, tuition reimbursement, paid gym memberships and wellness retreats, upgraded flights, cool swag and more
- Company match charitable donations