The GitLab DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 1,600+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
Professional Services Project Coordinator
The Professional Services Project Coordinator reports to Manager, Professional Services Operations
The Professional Services Project Coordinator is a grade 6.
Professional Services Project Coordinator Responsibilities
- This role will be a blend of consulting and training responsibilities
- Professional Services Project Coordinator responsibilities Provide administrative, technical and event coordination for consulting projects, remote and onsite training programs, webinars, on-demand videos, and Customer training
- Collaborate with Professional Services leaders to provide reports focused on financial and resource management data to aid with revenue and budgetary goals.
- Provide analysis that supports the business objectives of the Services organization, in alignment with corporate vision
- Run weekly time reports to estimate revenue; identify any resource or revenue corrective actions that are required to meet/beat monthly target
- Run monthly/quarterly billing; work with accounting to record revenue.
- Develop analytical reports for all sources of services revenue, consistent with company standards, and management direction.
- Assist Services leadership team with resource management and proactive forecasting processes.
- Coordinate with Project Management Team and other groups within Sales / Operations to obtain relevant data about the project opportunity and staffing requirements
- Subject matter expert for services personnel on all processes related to services revenue: time entry, project management processes relate to operations, customer billing, and staff utilization.
- Skills Matrix: Management of PS / Vertical Resource Skill Matrix, ensuring all PS resources have an updated Skills Matrix.
- Continually provide suggestions and implement improvements to business and reporting processes that keep up with the changes in the organization.
- Support Professional Services staff to better understand revenue, hours, and target attainment goals
- Act as liaison between the Project Management Office, Finance department, and Services staff.
- Ensure timely and complete new PS employee onboarding with content tailored to the new hires’ positions
Professional Services Project Coordinator Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Finance, Accounting, Statistics, or Business Management
- Demonstrated progressive industry experience in a Professional Services Operations or similar role for a high-tech product company
- Professional Services Automation (PSA) tools experience recommended (i.e. NetSuite Openair, FinancialForce, Mavenlink)
- GSuite skills including experience with pivot tables, analyzing and formatting data, use of filters, and creating charts and graphs
- Previous experience in a data-driven, analytics-centric role
- Working understanding of Professional Services cost structures strongly preferred
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Must have incredible attention to detail, be self-starting, and possess strong organizational skills
To view the full job description and its compensation calculator, view our handbook. The compensation calculator can be found towards the bottom of the page.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
For Colorado residents: The base salary range for this role’s listed level is currently $56,000-$84,000 for Colorado residents only. Grade level and salary ranges are determined through interviews and a review of education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities of the applicant, equity with other team members, and alignment with market data. See more information on our benefits and equity. Sales roles are also eligible for incentive pay targeted at up to 100% of the offered base salary. Disclosure as required by the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, C.R.S. § 8-5-101 et seq.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.