Website Waldo Photos
Waldo Photos is a photo-sharing app built for you, by people like you. At Waldo, we’ve built a photo-sharing app to serve the needs of our families and friends, remove all the headaches of sharing, and protect their privacy. Waldo provides 100% Ad-free, non-toxic photo sharing and no selling of our user’s data. Just meaningful memories, genuinely and authentically shared in a safer and healthier way. Plus automated, AI-powered face finding that delivers every photo you’re in.
Why Work for Waldo?
Waldo is in rapid growth mode–adding users, increasing revenue, expanding into existing markets, and making entries into new verticals! To meet that growth we are looking to double our development team in the coming year. We want teammates who want to be empowered to take ownership over the technology and features that drive Waldo– and to see their impact on the team and our users directly on a daily basis.
What You’ll Do:
As a Product QA tester, you will be responsible for:
- Reviewing requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Test our products on multiple platforms (Web, iOS, and Android) to identify, record, document thoroughly, and track defects.
- Engage with all stakeholders including engineers, project managers, and product owners to provide feedback and improve our products..
- Participate in the product development and design planning and contribute valuable feedback regarding execution, keeping track of oncoming features and developments.
- Work closely with the Engineering and Product team to ensure timely and high-quality delivery of our products.
About the Team
We are a tight-knit, fully-remote development team spanning the world. Every member is critical to our mission and success and can draw a direct line to their everyday work and elevate the Waldo product and experience.
We are looking for independent problem-solvers who value learning, enjoy keeping current on technology trends, and crave the ownership, autonomy and accountability that is expected from early-stage team members. This is a perfect opportunity for you if you:
- Are passionate about our mission of making it easier for people to be connected with their photos, experiences and loved ones.
- Want the opportunity to have a direct and highly-visible impact on shaping the delivery and quality of a product and elevating the user-experience each and every day.
- Work best in a highly-independent and autonomous environment where you are measured and valued by your output instead of your hours.
- Want to work wherever in the world you want to work as part of a fully remote development team
- Enjoy working in a collaborative environment through open discourse, design discussions, feedback, etc.
While we’re based in Austin, Texas we have team members across the globe. We are in need of a full-time commitment but open to remote, international, or contract arrangements.
- Previous experience (2+ years) supporting a team of software engineers and product owners in a quality assurance capacity.
- Ability to think of and design complex test scenarios.
- Agile development environment knowledge and experience.
- Working knowledge and experience of JIRA or other agile/kanban type of software management tools.
- A passion for testing, critical thinking, and investigative nature.
- A passion for in depth learning, the ability to grasp complex flows within a short time frame.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written. We’re an asynchronous team where most work related chatter happens via Slack.
- Ability to thrive in a small team with a high-autonomy environment.
- Ability to be a Leader / Mentor / Collaborator.
- Previous remote working experience or equivalent self-directed experience.
- Previous experience testing different types of clients, web, iOS, and Android.
- Experience with automated testing software.
- Experience with performance and/or security testing.