At Kinaxis, who we are is grounded in our common belief that people matter. Each one of us plays an important part in accomplishing our work, building our culture and making a global impact.
Every day, we’re empowered to work together to help our customers make fast, confident planning decisions. This is how we create a better planet – for each other, for our customers and for generations to come. Our cloud-based platform RapidResponse ensures that the products we need – everything from medicine and cars, to day-to-day items like toothpaste – make it to market and into our hands when we need them with minimal ecological footprint.
We make the world better, and you can too.
Product Owner, Business Solutions and Algorithms
Job location: You can be located anywhere across North America (REMOTE)
About the Team
Ever wonder how the hundreds of parts in your new smart phone come together from different suppliers all over the world? Or how a large global enterprise builds the resilience and agility required to keep pace with today’s state of constant disruption? At Kinaxis, we are a market-leader in supply chain planning, and our purpose is to revolutionize how the world plans, empowering our customers to make fast, confident decisions that combine human intelligence with AI and concurrent planning to benefit people, profitability, and the planet.
As a Product Owner, you’ll be part of our growing Product Management team which owns the product strategy and roadmap to help our customers drive the global economy — while making critical decisions in seconds, not hours, or days.
What You’ll Do
As a Product Owner, you will be part of the larger product leadership community at Kinaxis. This community plays a critical role in the broad business planning, influencing our long-term technical and business strategy, and ultimately enabling us to deliver innovative and competitive new solutions that have a significant bottom-line impact for our customers. You will be seen as a subject matter expert for your area of focus: supply planning algorithms, operations research & optimization, heuristics, ML/AI, and combination of these mechanisms to solve complex business problems.
You will responsible for understanding customer needs and targeted metric improvements and working with R&D to determine the most appropriate technology and framework for a solution by leveraging supply chain domain knowledge and expertise to guide the data science, algorithms and optimization teams during implementation.
A successful candidate will bring a passion for technology, strong business acumen and judgment, ability to define visionary, ground breaking products and have the desire to have an industry wide impact.
- Influence product algorithm, optimization & AI/ML strategy – Own and drive customer & partner interactions, assess market feedback, conduct competitive analysis and create business metrics to inform direction. The ability to communicate what strategic objectives should be set and why these are most important to Kinaxis and our customers will be critical here.
- Support execution of Product Planning and Development – Including translating customer, business and product goals into clear product requirements and collaborating with the development team to drive the implementation accordingly.
- Lead interactions with the field – Connect with customers, partners, and professional services teams to seek solutions to challenging problems and make trade-offs based on customer requirements, performance, quality, and usability of the product.
- Support Product Launch & Deployment – Support the go-to-market plan and execute it with marketing, sales, professional services and support to deliver results that ensure the customer and business goals are met in operational launch plans. Provide SME support as needed during pre- and post-sales engagements.
What We Are Looking For
- Background in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Data Science, Operations Research or related field
- 2+ years experience building or deploying solutions to business planning problems
- Prior experience with data-intensive products or services, exposure to heuristics, optimization, AI/ML an asset
- Experience with supply chain domain is an asset
- Strong track record of shaping business strategy for technical products or services
- Experience gathering requirements and communicating technical designs
- Superior written, verbal communications and presentation skills
- Superior logical, analytical and quantitative skills; experience in data collection, model building, testing and validation
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
If you want to be part a team that challenges you, moves fast, improves constantly, and makes a difference, let’s talk.
What we have to offer
- Challenging Work – We love solving highly complex problems. And as the global leaders in our industry, we never stop innovating—our work is never “done. That’s because across our teams and in all roles, every employee is empowered to bring their best ideas forward and to jump in and solve the problems they’re passionate about.
- Great People – We take our work seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously! It’s in our DNA to celebrate, laugh, and have fun. We are stronger, together, when we are open, honest, and above all, real. Every person is valued here and plays an important role in our shared success.
- Global Impact – As a global team spanning continents, boundaries, and cultures, every day we are inspired by the impact our work has on our colleagues, our customers, our communities, and the world at large.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion - Diversity, equity and inclusion are more than words to us. They are the guiding principles for building a culture where we celebrate each others’ differences, continuously strive for equality and recognize that inclusion makes us stronger as individuals, a company and a global citizen.
Kinaxis strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply to our welcoming community. We strive to make our website and application process accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. This contact information is for accessibility requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.