Angi® is transforming the home services industry, creating an environment for homeowners, service professionals and employees to feel right at “home.” For most home maintenance needs, our platform makes it easier than ever to find a qualified service professional for indoor and outdoor jobs, home renovations (or anything in between!). We are on a mission to become the home for everything home by helping small businesses thrive and providing solutions to financing and booking home jobs with just a few clicks.
Over the last 25 years we have opened our doors to a network of over 200K service professionals and helped over 150 million homeowners love where they live. We believe home is the most important place on earth and are embarking on a journey to redefine how people care for their homes. Angi is an amazing place to build your dream career, join us—we cannot wait to welcome you home!
About the role:
Are you a product manager who wants to help define how customers find and discover services that make their homes a place that they will love? Angi is seeking an experienced, results-driven Product Manager. This person will own the products that pros use every day to help service customer needs – owning influential parts of pro experience that support nearly $1bn in revenue/yr. They will have the opportunity to build personalized experiences to help transform how pros think through each step of working with customers, and ultimately getting jobs done. This person will empathize with our pro, and test, develop, and maintain products and experiences that span across the Angi marketplace platform.
Everything we do starts with the customer. This role is focused on the Pro side of the business, so the candidate will be laser focused on what it means to be a roofer, plumber, or other service profession. How we keep our pros happy, seeing a strong and positive ROI, and ultimately retained in the Angi network is our top priority.
What you’ll do:
- Build and manage the pro web experience on our platform – everything from how a pro logs in, responds to customers, and manages their business.
- Set and drive ambitious goals and the vision and the roadmap to deliver on them.
- Use all the levers at your disposal to drive step-function improvement in lifetime value for our pros and customers.
- Balance the needs of our customers with the needs of our pros, optimizing for a mix of customer delight and pro success, while balancing supply and demand.
- Thrive within ambiguity and find new, creative ways to solve problems every day, with data as your guide.
- Launch new products and features with a detailed and thoughtful testing approach.
- Ruthlessly prioritize the most important things.
- Collaborate with design, data science, engineering, and analytics teams to make smart decisions that deliver for customers and pros.
- Constantly work to discover new customer or pro problems, and in turn, new opportunities for our marketplace.
Who you are:
- Deeply curious: you operate with a sense of urgency and always look for new ways to understand our customers and create value on their behalf
- Data-fluent: you use data to solve problems, identify opportunities, and are capable of inventing and using new metrics in order to learn and make decisions
- Biased for action: you make good decisions with incomplete data and are constantly optimizing for learning
- A bar raiser: you inspire others to bring their ‘A’ game and are constantly looking for opportunities for improvement. You don’t accept “because that is the way we’ve always done it.”
- An owner: you can seamlessly straddle thinking about both the product and the business and are equally comfortable talking about funnel metrics and P+L's. You never say “that is not my job.”
Skills and Experiences needed for success:
- 3+ years of consumer-facing product experience, including leadership of an engineering team
- A track record of innovating on behalf of customers and developing ‘new to the world’ products
- Ability to use both qualitative and quantitative data to influence key stakeholders and make compelling product decisions
- Deep experience testing at scale, including partnering with data science to build new products
- Ability to weigh competing priorities, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with stakeholders, driving to consensus while maintaining a clear focus on overarching business priorities.
- Strong ability to collaborate across functions and levels seamlessly juggling the priorities of multiple stakeholders
- Familiarity and comfort with data, including the ability to use data to analyze and monitor product health and to make hard prioritization decisions
- Superior communication skills: you communicate clearly and concisely and can tailor your message to your audience
We value diversity:
We know that the best ideas come from product teams where diverse points of view uncover new solutions to hard problems. We welcome and value individuals who bring diverse life experiences, educational backgrounds, cultures, and work experiences.
Compensation & Benefits:
- The salary band for this position ranges from $95,000-$140,000, commensurate with experience and performance. Compensation may vary based on factors such as cost of living.
- This position will be eligible for a competitive year end performance bonus & equity package.
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Pet discount plans & retirement plan with company match (401K)
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world