For other positions, some roles may be based outside of our Denver office (as stated in the Job Title). Roles based outside of our Denver office can sit in any of the following 26 states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
Guild is hiring a Product Manager – Payments Product. As a Product Manager at Guild, you will help to ensure achievement of Guild’s roadmap in service of our mission and company goals. In this role you will focus on building services and capabilities that serve Guild’s students and internal customers.
This position will play a key role in scaling our Reimbursement product, which will help us provide flexibility to our Employer Partners and increase the number of their employees with access to education benefits.
As Product Manager, you will:
- Own the strategy, roadmap, and delivery against key components involved in our Reimbursement product offering balancing the needs of Students, Employer Partners, internal customers and Guild’s business.
- Crystallize the needs of our students and internal customers and translate into technical product requirements including authoring, grooming and prioritizing user stories.
- Work directly with engineering, analytics, and senior leadership teams to deliver effective product(s) to market and to solve tough, technical challenges.
- Use data, user research, and market knowledge to craft a vision for your product area and identify areas of opportunity, building a business case for new product investments.
- Lead cross-functional projects related to framing and delivering for customers and key business needs.
- Represent your product both internally to the business and technical customers.
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- 2+ years experience in a product management role working on technical products.
- Proven ability to manage complex business problems and break them down into simple solutions that focus on customer needs.
- Experience working with internal and external customers
- A track record of working collaboratively and effectively with engineering and non-technical partner teams to lead delivery of technical product solutions.
- Strong ability to work independently and handle ambiguity.
- Commitment to Guild’s mission to unlock opportunity for America’s workforce through education.
- Background and proven results releasing enterprise commercial software
- Basic SQL proficiency.
We feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $120,000 – $157,500, as well as company stock options.
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
Guild is a female-led, Certified B Corporation – and with a valuation of $3.8 billion is one of the highest-valued, privately held education companies in the world, and the only one led by a woman. Guild's investors include Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners, chairman and former CEO of American Express, Emerson, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. We currently offer the following benefits:
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- 15 days of PTO/vacation in the first year. After your first year (or for Guilders in Director+ positions), you transition into an open vacation policy.
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth
Guild requires COVID-19 vaccines for all employees and guests attending Guild events or entering Guild offices. As of February 1, 2022, we will be expanding our in-person vaccination requirement to include booster shots. We will be using both Clear’s Digital Vaccine Card and state-sponsored vaccine passports to verify proof of vaccine. Accommodations or exceptions can be requested for medical or religious reasons.