Help people better access and afford care.
Most care in the future will be cash purchased or financed versus insured. While this sounds massively disruptive it is not without precedent.
We believe this societal shift is actually a good thing and will rhyme with its historic analogue of how retirement savings shifted from being an employer-paid, defined benefit (pension) to an employee-oriented, defined contribution (401k) model. This societal shift liberated employers from expensive, unmanageable costs totally unrelated to their core business and catalyzed a Cambrian explosion of innovation relating to retirement and financial services.
We see the same shift slowly underway in healthcare, as evidenced by higher deductibles, and we are positioning Paytient to be the enabling financial platform upon which the effortless buying and selling of sub-catastrophic care will be built and transacted.
Offered by employers and insurers, Paytient is embedded or put alongside health plans to give ‘paytients’ the ability to pay for unexpected, out-of-pocket expenses over time – always without interest or fees. We are wedging into the world by putting Paytient into the purses and wallets of millions of people and helping better access and afford care.
With headquartered roots in Columbia, Missouri, we are a founder-led, privately held company funded by Inspired Capital, Box Group, Felicis Ventures, Lachy Groom, Lightbank, and Cultivation Capital.
How you can help
Paytient is looking for a Product Manager who is passionate about the power of Paytient’s platform and mission to help remove cost as a barrier to care.
You are an organized self-starter that can deal with ambiguity and are always on the lookout for ways to improve the customer experience. You are proactive, process and detail-oriented, and a self-starter who can handle multiple projects and thrive in a fast-paced, startup environment. You have managed the product design and development process to ensure that the needs of customers are met. You are a problem-solver and collaborator that can navigate ambiguity and move from concept to execution with confidence. You can determine the right product features with minimal direction, manage backlog items, work with cross-functional scrum teams, and effectively communicate with stakeholders to ensure customer satisfaction. You are an excellent data-driven storyteller and capable of presenting–and defending–your ideas to product managers, designers, engineers, and senior leaders.
The role reports to our VP of Product, and you can work from our Columbia, MO office, or anywhere within the United States.
- Manage the product design and development process including backlog management, prioritization and execution
- Work with stakeholders to define and align on business requirements
- Translate high level requirements into products and product features
- Break products and product features into user stories
- Create Product Requirement Documents (PRDs) to define and align on goals, outcomes, requirements and timelines
- Create the product backlog including design and development tasks, bugs and enhancements by using common backlog management tools such as JIRA
- Communicate customer problems, user stories and roadmap priorities to design and engineering teams
- Work in a highly collaborative fashion with design, engineering, customer success and sales teams
- Ensure business requirements, roadmaps, tasks and priorities are feasible
- Oversee all stages of product creation including design and development
- Monitor and evaluate product progress at each stage of the SDLC process
- Ensure successful delivery of initiatives listed in the product roadmap including meeting key milestones
- Conduct user research to inform product requirements, design, strategy and direction
- Leverage data and use market-leading product analytics solutions to make data-informed product decisions
- Facilitate agile meetings including planning, estimation, retrospectives and daily standup
- Test and validate user stories via APIs and user interfaces
- Deliver innovative, human-centered, and industry-leading products that make an impact in the world
- At least 3 years of agile product experience including Kanban and Scrum methodologies
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive, self-starter with excellent project management skills and ability to manage multiple tasks effectively
- High degree of organization, initiative and personal accountability
- Excellent collaboration skills
- Strong presentation and writing skills
- Experience developing product roadmaps and release plans
- Ability to prioritize effectively and make tradeoffs
- Proficiency in the use of product analytics tools
- Knowledge and experience with human-centered design principles
- Balance of technical knowledge, user centricity and business acumen