Every year, the world uses 121 million acres of land, 300 trillion liters of water, and emits 543 million tons of CO2 creating and distributing beverages. It doesn’t have to be that way.
Founded by a talented team of mission-driven product leaders from companies like Apple, Uber and Clover, Cana is a stealth consumer electronics startup redefining the future of beverages. Our first product will greatly reduce the environmental impact of beverage production and distribution by reimagining how the world’s most popular beverages are created and consumed.
If you want to join a passionate team working on challenging and highly impactful solutions for our planet at the intersection of hardware, software and groundbreaking chemistry, we want to hear from you!
Cana aims to create a workplace where you feel valued and can do your best work. We welcome candidates with backgrounds that are traditionally underrepresented in tech and hope you apply, even if the role below does not exactly fit you.
Cana offers highly competitive salaries and benefits, including medical and dental insurance, paid time off, and 401(k)
About the Role:
As a Product Designer at Cana, you’ll get to build something the world’s never seen before, as well as create a magical connected experience.
You’ll own key areas of the experience and may work across multiple channels (embedded software, mobile apps, web). We believe that collaboration makes us and our product better. You’ll work closely with the Design Lead, Head of Product, and Product Managers as you help define, test, and develop the UX and UI.
When it’s time to build, you’ll stay in sync with engineering on implementation. We don’t spec designs and throw them over a fence, we work together to achieve results. We’re building a category-defining visual and physical experience that stands to make a huge positive environmental impact—that takes hard work, empathy, and a whole lot of teamwork.
- Create UX flows and design frameworks (visual and motion design is a plus, but not required)
- Rapidly design, test, and iterate on concepts to help inform decision making
- Collaborate with product management, engineering, and other stakeholders to define product requirements and inform product roadmaps.
- 2+ years of experience in UX Product Design.
- Proficiency with modern design tools (ex: Figma, Sketch).
- You are a full stack designer – someone who can think through user flows and also has good taste and attention to detail in UI design to create delightful user experiences.
- Familiarity with typography, hierarchy and color theory.
- Eager to understand business requirements, create user flows, wireframes, visuals and collaborate with engineering on feasibility and implementation.
- Curious and driven to understand the bigger picture of how design impacts the product.
Diversity at Cana:
- Cana is committed to building an inclusive workplace and diverse teams. We welcome interest from individuals of all backgrounds and levels of experience who share and support our mission.
This is a US-based Remote position.
Cana offers highly competitive salaries and benefits, including medical and dental insurance, paid time off, and 401(k). Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We are not able to sponsor individuals for employment visas for this job. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.