Hi there! We’re PAR and our purpose is:
To deliver solutions that connect people to the restaurants, meals and moments they love.
We take that responsibility very seriously. As a leading provider of technology to the top restaurant brands in the world we’re calling all rebels, instigators, idealists and builders to join our constantly growing team!
PAR invented the first standalone point of sale terminal over 40 years ago, yet we operate much like a start-up at the forefront of restaurant technology. Today, our solutions span Customer loyalty, engagement, restaurant management, payment services, drive-thru, and full POS integrations. These solutions are used to serve tens of millions of guests every day in over 120 countries.
Our mission is to build the number one restaurant technology company in the world and we’re off to great start.
We believe that our ambition is only limited by our ability to attract and retain great people; people who are up for the challenge to change the game with us! If it sounds like you belong here, we should meet!
As a Principal Technical Program Manager at PAR, you make it possible for PAR to provide world class products and services. You will work in a fast-paced environment to bring programs to life. Your ability to think strategically while owning the tactical execution of large cross-functional programs (from initial conception through program development, delivery, and transition to operations) will be critical. The successful candidate is a results-oriented self-starter with an established, documented competence in program management and operations. You will tenaciously identify potential project blockers and triage them with a high degree of urgency to ensure the program stays on schedule. You will be the schedule taskmaster day in and day out to drive execution excellence.
What We’re Looking For
- 12+ years of program/project management experience in a software/hardware development environment
- Proven ownership of programs/projects involving many cross functional teams both internal and external
- Entrepreneurial mindset with an “ownership” mentality
- Demonstrated track record of identifying schedule risks, asking the right questions, mitigating schedule roadblocks and eliminating bottlenecks
- Superior organizational skills with commitment to quality
- Excellent collaboration and relationship building skills – able to work well with many different types of personalities in various function. Masterful in the art of bringing people together
- Superb communication skills – Ability to communicate, document, and present complex technical issues in concise and efficient manner for variety of audiences
- Skilled and confident in creating slides and presenting to executives
- Must possess effective listening skills and be comfortable asking powerful questions
- Passion for working with people in technical environments
- Powerful leadership skills to influence and motivate without authority.
- Solid facilitation skills to lead/drive variety of program events
- Excellent negotiation and conflict management skills
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Ability to work independently and a strong sense of ownership
- Flexible and able to learn quickly in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree or higher required
- Six Sigma Certification Preferred
- Experience in HW+SW Program Management a plus
Why We Need You
- Complete ownership of the schedule and responsibility for meeting delivery dates
- Own the creation of best practices and program framework for internal and external programs
- Own and successfully negotiate relationships with third-party vendors
- Own the identification of potential program/deliverable blockers and triage with a sense of urgency
- Anticipate and manage schedule changes and reset expectations with key stakeholders
- Translate complex business needs into implementation plans, including project prioritization, scheduling and resource planning
- Create and validate value drivers and business cases for major programs and track delivery to outcomes as they’re executed
- Develop and manage the overall prioritization, milestones, deliverables, and success criteria
- Identify and manage external dependencies and logistics; identify and mitigate risks throughout the schedule
- Host and facilitate executive-level meetings as well as large cross-functional program meetings
- Simplify complex issues into a crisp, actionable executive-level status updates and mitigation plans
- Build strong working relationships with stakeholders across the project teams
- Exercise key skills such as conflict resolution, cross-team collaboration, as well as asking and answering questions with precision
PAR is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. We also provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here.