Website Devoted Health
A bit about us:
We’re on a mission to change healthcare — how it’s paid for, delivered, experienced. We want to put people center stage, not process or profit. We are guided by a deep belief that every person on Medicare should be treated like we would treat a member of our own family: with loving care and a profound commitment to their health and well-being.
Make a difference… a big difference. You will have the opportunity, in a unique and dynamic culture, to be a part of something incredibly meaningful. We’re a disruptive startup with an inspiring mission. Learn and grow alongside our world-class team of healthcare, technology, and data leaders, dedicated to building a health plan and clinical services that care for everyone like they were our own mothers or fathers. Our team and board members have decades of experience in health care entrepreneurship, data, technology, services, and policy. With their support, we look forward to building a health plan and clinical services that will give seniors easy access to the high-quality care they deserve.
A bit about this role:
Technology does amazing things in our daily lives, yet often is a source of pain and confusion within health care. We want to empower Devoted to deliver a world-class member experience with simple, flexible technical systems. If we need to delve into the murky underbelly of health care IT to do that, we’re up for the challenge.
Our north star is not a specific technology, but rather the goal of continually increasing the leverage of every member of the team. We’re currently building with Go, PostgreSQL, gRPC, GraphQL, React, TypeScript, Terraform, and AWS</b>; and we think it’s a pretty awesome stack.
We want engineer-owners with the judgment to simultaneously solve for short and long-term business value. We’re looking for folks who have worked in complex domains and systems, and come through it with some wisdom but most importantly humility. We want people who are passionate about building great technology to solve problems for users—our members, our colleagues, and ourselves.
Whether you have a healthcare background or not, we are excited to learn from and share knowledge with you. Our engineering leadership team includes seasoned alumni of healthcare and technology organizations spanning the public and private sector. Our co-founders deeply understand and care about good technology: Todd Park co-founded Athenahealth, a multi-billion-dollar healthcare technology company, and served as CTO of the U.S.; Ed Park was Athenahealth’s founding engineer and served as its CTO, COO, and President of Services.
Responsibilities will include:
- Building product features across a range of technologies
- Working with subject matter experts to understand and design solutions to improve our members lives
- Working with other members of the technology team to improve our technology platform
Attributes to success:
- Experience coupled with a willingness to learn new things
- Comfort with uncertainty and a desire to be close to business problems
- Desire to contribute individually, with the ability both to self-direct work and to collaborate with others on the technology team
- An interest in digging deep into technologies to solve business problems in high-leverage ways, from which other teams can benefit
Required skills and experience:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced startup environment
- 5+ years working as a software engineer
- You are skilled at building a functional prototype to start learning about a problem space, and then scaling it over time with adoption
- Experience with some of our stack components