Hi there! We’re PAR and our purpose is:
To deliver solutions that connect people to the restaurants, meals and moments they love.
We take that responsibility very seriously. As a leading provider of technology to the top restaurant brands in the world we’re calling all rebels, instigators, idealists and builders to join our constantly growing team!
PAR invented the first standalone point of sale terminal over 40 years ago, yet we operate much like a start-up at the forefront of restaurant technology. Today, our solutions span Customer loyalty, engagement, restaurant management, payment services, drive-thru, and full POS integrations. These solutions are used to serve tens of millions of guests every day in over 120 countries.
Our mission is to build the number one restaurant technology company in the world and we’re off to great start.
We believe that our ambition is only limited by our ability to attract and retain great people; people who are up for the challenge to change the game with us! If it sounds like you belong here, we should meet!
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor's Degree with 12+ years of experience at writing embedded C/C++ applications running on Linux, RTOS, and bare-metal.
- 10+ years of leading software/firmware development for embedded systems
- Architectured embedded software system – design, roadmap, schedule, implementation. Delivered embedded software systems.
- 10+ years of experience using ARM, DSP, and full featured microcontrollers
- Experience using IDEs such as Eclipse, TI CodeComposer, Visual Studio, IAR WorkBench
- Strong experience with coding host or cross-compiled C/C++ applications.
- 8+ years of Linux experience — thorough understanding of the Linux OS and kernel, specifically for embedded devices. Experience with bash scripting.
- Wireless experience – developing software stack & application, RF/radio chip hardware.
- Full-stack web applications development – Node.js, C#, python
- Expert-level experience in implementing device-side Cloud support – remote visibility/accessibility, data upload/download, audio streaming, MQTT messaging.
- Familiar with Cloud engineering – internal Cloud server and public Cloud
- Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) experience – a plus
- SQL knowledge – PostgreSQL, MySQL – a plus
- Experience with software source control – SVN, SourceSafe, etc.
- 5+ years of Agile software development methodology
- Familiar with other tools – Git, Confluence, SharePoint, etc.
- Quick Service Restaurant Drive-Thru experience – a big plus
Hands-on senior level embedded software development lead who is very experienced in software/firmware architecture design for embedded systems – architecture, design, develop, validate and deliver.
- You will work closely with product management in understanding the product requirements and provide technical expertise to ensure all parties understand the requirement implications.
- You will work with electrical hardware engineers to select appropriate components and assist in designing the hardware platform.
- You will architect the embedded software system – system block diagram level and detailed design.
- You will develop implementation roadmap, schedule, testing plan.
- You will lead the software development team – including internal developers and external resources.
- You will be a hands-on developer – coding, debug/testing, verification/validation.
- You will support field testing, support manufacturing, support & resolve escalated customer issues.
Why We Need You
An experienced embedded software developer to take ownership of software/firmware development in support of PAR product portfolio. Leading a software development team which is comprised of internal and external resources, using your broad-based software/firmware expertise and by your hands-on development work. Work closely with product management to define requirements, roadmap, schedule, and to deliver.
PAR is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. We also provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here.