3Cloud is an Azure focused professional services firm helping clients transform their business through the power of the cloud. We specialize in Microsoft Azure to help clients accelerate innovation, operate more efficiently and be more responsive to their customer’s needs. As a Microsoft Gold partner, we specialize in Azure Migration, Application Modernization and Development, Internet of Things, Analytics and DevOps achieved through Azure-Enabled Infrastructure Automation. 3Cloud is headquartered in Chicago with offices in Tampa and Dallas. This is a remote based role – prefer Central or Eastern time zone in US only.
The Portfolio Manager – Data & Analytics, provides oversight & direction to project managers, ensuring the delivery of high quality, consistent project management practices across 3Cloud’s Data & Analytics projects. They are responsible for guiding the growth, development, and performance of team members and help shape the organization by emphasizing a culture of learning, continuous improvement, high standards of quality, and exceptional performance.
- Coach, mentor and develop team members within the project management domain while fostering a positive, engaging environment.
- Ensure team members are skilled in current project management and delivery technologies.
- Work with Talent Acquisition and department leaders to recruit, interview, select and hire new team members.
- Support the planning and assignment of team members onto customer projects and opportunities.
- As needed, review and approve scope, budget, timelines, risks, and assumptions in customer proposals and/or SOWs.
- Create, continuously improve, and reinforce the use of internal project management tools and methodologies that drive the successful delivery of solutions to 3Cloud customers.
- Provide effective performance feedback through employee rewards and recognition, or counseling and disciplinary action when necessary.
- Establish and drive the completion of team goals.
- Contribute internally and externally as a thought leader in the Delivery Excellence space.
This role requires that you have:
- At least 7 years of professional project management experience in a consulting capacity
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to clearly communicate complex information to functional leaders and executives
- Strong attention to details, with strong analytical skills
- Solid critical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- A natural inclination for building and fostering relationships with clients and project teams
- A love for problem-solving with the ability to prioritize tasks, manage time effectively and guide a team through the issue resolution process
- The ability to multitask, juggling multiple concurrent streams of work and ensuring success for all of them
- A proven ability to inspire and lead high-performing teams tapping into team members’ intrinsic motivators and building a culture of extraordinary teamwork and customer focus.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
In addition, while it’s not required, we’d love it if you had:
- Any kind of exposure to organizations moving technology workloads to a cloud platform (we focus on Microsoft, but your experience doesn’t have to be there)
- Experience with Scrum, or any other agile project methodology
- Experience working in the Microsoft technology ecosystem