Specialized Retail Stores
PEOPLE & CULTURE MANAGER
Innovation has guided our every decision since 1974. As more riders of all ages get on the roads, trails, and streets than ever before, we’re here to do the best work of our lives to push the greatest human powered machine into the future each and every day. We’re a team of barrier-breakers, disrupters, and problem solvers. We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where every teammate can succeed as we inspire riders everywhere.
In Company Owned Retail, we strive to be a transformative, inclusive, authentic, rider focused, and collaborative team that creates the best bikes and delivers world class rider care attention. Simply said, we provide quality in our products and to our riders at every interaction and are looking for a teammate to be a part of this growing team. Reach out – we’re here to help you build your career at Specialized.
The P&C Manager is a key leadership role in the continued growth and ongoing success of Specialized’s Company Owned Retail. They provide strategic people leadership, ensure HR compliance, and work to optimize our HR systems, continuously developing and refining processes and policies. The P&C Manager also serves as a representative and teammate advocate for our people and business in day-to-day interactions, navigating difficult situations while guiding and leading the P&C team. In this role, you act as a true partner to the business and a brand advocate for both our rider experiences and our culture. You will work closely with different teams with the shared vision of pedaling the planet forward!
HOW YOU’LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Embed yourself in the Specialized culture, deeply understand who we are, our way of working, and what we believe
- Act as a strategic partner to the business – own the P&C strategy that supports the goals of the retail organization
- Implement programs and processes that will enable managers to build high performing teams
- Lead the P&C team through transformation of systems (HRIS) and SOP development, in a fast-paced, high-growth business unit
- Oversee the people function of the owned retail subsidiaries, ensuring federal and local compliance while driving best practice solutions that enable a productive and positive workplace
- Line-manage and facilitate coordination between the HR, Employee Experience, and Recruitment team leads. Ensure your team is organized and developed to meet the needs of the business
- Act as a mentor and escalation point for the regional HR Generalists to navigate employee issues
- Act as a consultant to managers and staff regarding policies and procedures
- Oversee a robust annual performance review process for all teammates
- Research and analyze competitive compensation practices in the job market. Application of compensation programs, policies, and procedures
WHAT YOU NEED TO WIN
- 5+ years human resource and people operations experience in a multi-location national business
- Minimum 2 years of team leadership/management experience with multiple direct reports
- Experience in building talent management programs – talent reviews, annual reviews, talent planning, etc.
- Knowledge of all pertinent federal and state regulations affecting employee benefits programs, including the ACA, ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, Section 125, workers' compensation, Medicare, OBRA, and Social Security and DOL requirements
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Collaborate with other departments and external service providers
- Current with relevant employment regulations, laws, and market habits
- Passion for the Specialized brand and how we are changing the world through cycling.
TELL ME MORE
- Industry leading Employee Purchase program
- Long term loan of a current model-year demo bike
- 401k, medical, dental, vision, and life insurance*
- Compensation: $85-100k base + performance bonus
*For eligible employees
Here at Specialized we believe that bikes have the power to change lives. Our culture is one of passion, striving to break barriers and have a positive impact on the world.
We want to increase representation of all races, genders, and body types in the cycling industry and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where all people thrive. We encourage everyone – especially those from marginalized groups – to apply to our job postings and help us earn the position as the rider’s brand of choice. We are always looking for creative, innovative, and passionate people who are eager to contribute to our mission of pedaling the planet forward. Regardless of your qualifications, if you are ready to make a difference, please apply and let us know how you can make an impact at Specialized!