Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earth.
About the Role:
Planet is looking for a NetSuite Developer to join our growing Business Applications team. You’ll be responsible for identifying business requirements, functional design, prototyping, process design, testing, training and support functions. This is a cross-functional role where you will partner closely with Manufacturing, Purchasing, Finance, and Order Management teams to improve processes, workflows and develop innovative solutions. We are a bunch of hard-working and passionate individuals that enjoy delivering positive outcomes for our fellow Planeteers. Join us!
Impact You’ll Own:
- Perform troubleshooting and administrative functions within NetSuite including user and permissions management, creating and managing custom records and forms, creating saved searches and reports, and other supporting activities
- SuiteScript 2.0 development for new customizations as well as updates and modifications to existing scripts
- Provide development and support for internal and 3rd party application systems used by cross-functional teams and equipment supply chain business
- Build, develop, test and deploy solutions as part of projects or enhancements or production support for Manufacturing, Purchasing, Finance and Order Management business teams
- Work on ERP programs/scripts, Workflow rules, and peripheral business systems
- Troubleshooting scripts, integrations, and workflows
What You Bring:
- 3+ years of relevant consulting or industry domain experience in Purchasing, Inventory, Manufacturing and Finance Modules
- Hands-on experience creating custom NetSuite fields, records, forms, workflows, scripts, searches, reports, dashboards to meet critical business needs.
- Hands on Experience in Accounts Receivable, Journal entry, Accounting principles, Accounts Payable, Bank transactions and integration, Travel/Expenses systems (example:Concur/Coupa) integration with ERP, and Finance reporting
- Familiarity with common middleware tools such as Boomi, MuleSoft or other partner solutions (e.g., Celigo)
- Familiarity in integration approaches and strategies, preferably someone with hands-on work involving web services (XML, SOAP, WSDL), messaging and REST protocols
- Ability to author detailed technical design/specification documents capturing workflow processes, technical use cases, exception handling, and test cases.
- Integration experience with ERP and CRM systems
- Team player with excellent oral and written communication skills
What Makes You Stand Out:
- NetSuite Certifications: SuiteFoundation, Administrator, or SuiteCloud Developer
- Multiple full lifecycle NetSuite/ERP implementations
- Bachelor's or Advanced degree in accounting, finance or engineering, information systems
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Comprehensive Health Plan
- Wellness program and onsite massages in specific offices
- Flexible Time Off
- Recognition Programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning and Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- Offsites and Happy Hours
- Volunteering Benefits
Some Press About Us:
Tiny, privately owned satellites are changing how we view the Earth features in NBC News
Why we care so much about Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please… do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.
Planet is committed to building a community where everyone belongs and we invite people from all backgrounds to apply. Planet is an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Planet is an inclusive community and we know that everyone has their own needs. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation during the interview process, please call Planet's front office at 669-214-9404 or contact your recruiter with your request. Your message will be confidential and we will be happy to assist you.
Compensation (only applicable for Colorado applicants):
The base pay range targeted for this position in Colorado is: $60,300 – $122,000. This role is eligible for equity.
The actual offer, including the compensation package, is determined based on multiple factors, including experience, location, and other business considerations.
Planet is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not able to work from a state where Planet is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.