What we do and why we do it
As the leading marketplace for single-family rental homes, our mission is to make real estate investing radically accessible, cost effective, and simple. We successfully merge our passion for helping investors build wealth through real estate with cutting edge technology that transforms the way they do it.
How it’s going (and growing)
With a talented team of 500+ Roofsters, our collaborative and can-do culture is what fuels our growth. We recently closed on our series E, raising nearly $400 million, and have offices in California, Texas, and New York as well as many remote opportunities. Our growth includes recent acquisitions of Great Jones (full-service property management) and Stessa (financial management software) to empower customers with a seamless way to acquire, manage, and track their investment properties on one platform.
Under our roof
We get a lot of attention for our innovation—like being on the Forbes Fintech 50 and Red Herring 100—but we’re most proud of being recognized as a Great Place to Work® (Check out our reviews!). We’re nice, get things done, and have fun. We champion professional growth and work-life balance. In fact, our values are B.A.D.A.S.S.
Be customer obsessed.
Act like an owner, because you are one.
Don’t be afraid to break things in the pursuit of better.
All of us are empowered to do the right thing.
Stay curious and create what’s next. Fast.
Seriously. No jerks.
Owner Services is a new group inside Roofstock that is focused on delivering a self-service SaaS solution for individual investors. We aim to be the singular place where real estate investors go to transact, manage, and optimize their assets.
As a Marketing Technology Engineer, you will work on the core functions of the MarTech stack to enable an existing and growing set of marketing capabilities. You will own the configuration, delivery and integration of tools including a Customer Data Platform (CDP), headless Content Management System (CMS), email tools, automation tools, tagging and analytics tools. You will work closely with the Marketing, Product and Engineering teams to assist in building solutions that are reliable, scalable and secure, and that provide tangible business results.
The position requires someone with a good understanding of marketing technology, data flows, integration with SaaS applications, and the ability to document concepts and workflows, as well as being able to multi-task and work on several parallel initiatives with a focus on a customer-centric approach to your work.
What you will do
- Work with the Senior Marketing Technology Manager to manage the MarTech stack including automation, content management, email delivery and use of analytics tools
- Help evaluate, improve performance, scalability, compliance, and security of various SaaS applications
- Work on standing up a headless CMS and content library, assist with the expansion of our Segment CDP including the use of Persona’s to deliver audiences, journeys, and personalization
- Manage and implement tags through Segment and Google Tag Manager
- Engage with the Core Engineering team and Data Engineering team on a variety of initiatives as needed
- Work in Jira to prioritize and execute delivery of stories
- Serve as a super-user and evangelist for various digital capabilities
- Participant in user acceptance testing
- Be an integral part of a new Marketing Technology team, establish SLA’s, incident resolution, problem management in your area of responsibility
- Keep up-to-date on new innovations in the MarTech space
What you bring with you
- 5+ years of marketing technology expertise, with a strong understanding of the Martech space
- 2+ years of experience with Google Tag Manager (GTM) and GTM Data Layers, Google Analytics
- 2+ years of experience with Segment or an understanding of CDP’s, segments, audiences and identity resolution
- Experience working on and integrating with ESP’s such as Iterable or Hubspot, along with experience of SMS and direct mail integrations
- Experience with Google and Facebook ad conversion API’s, Lookalike audiences a plus
- Experience or understanding of headless content management systems (CMS)
- Experience working in Agile and with a product-based approach, including writing and executing stories
- Understanding of A/B testing and experimentation technologies
- Familiarity with analytics tools such as Mixpanel
- Data-driven, self-motivated and able to think outside the box
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Experience working in a highly matrixed/collaborative organization
- Experience working in a highly regulated environment, for example finance or banking is a plus