RainFocus, one of the most innovative software companies in the heart of Utah’s Silicon Slopes, is in search of an exceptional Marketing Manager.
RainFocus cares about its employees, customers, and the world in which we live. Our rapidly-growing team serves Fortune 500 companies like Adobe, Cisco, IBM, Oracle, VMware, and others to prepare and execute in-person, virtual, and hybrid events, across the world. Those events are delivered through our industry-disrupting software platform, with groundbreaking business intelligence, to elevate the attendee experience, streamline event operations, and accelerate marketing results. We are well-funded, growing fast, and building a company that is changing the market — it will be challenging, fun and exciting.
About the Role
As a Marketing Manager, you will lead the design, execution, and measurement of integrated, account-based programs within the install base that drive retention and growth. Your passion for understanding our customers, markets, and how our products solve their problems will fuel your creative approach for programs that engage our target accounts. Our perfect candidate must be strong both on the strategic level and on the tactical/execution level. Reporting directly to the SVP of Marketing and working closely with sales leadership, you will have an opportunity to own a wide variety of projects that expand your skills and develop new ones in a fast-growing business.
Does this sound like you?
- You have a knack for critical thinking and problem-solving.
- You have a proven track record with account-based programs and playbooks that drive results.
- You thrive on data and thirst to gather qualitative, quantitative, and anecdotal evidence to fuel and optimize campaign performance.
- You are highly analytical and organized—from planning and setting deadlines, through to execution and lessons learned.
- You excel in a team environment, driving collaboration across departments and disciplines to get the best possible outcome.
- You attract attention through your wit, well-constructed arguments, and sense of humor.
- You have good ideas, and you want to try them. You are not afraid to take chances and test new things, even if they fail.
- You are not intimidated by working with very smart, very driven, and very technical people. You love learning and pushing yourself to do even better.
- You enjoy what you do and that enjoyment spreads to those you work with.
- Understand and analyze the account portfolio to prioritize and engage accounts according to opportunity, need, persona, industry, buying stage, and propensity
- Oversee offer creation and determine the optimal tactic mix for customer accounts
- Own the execution of integrated campaigns across digital and traditional channels— including target audience identification, goal setting, campaign set-up, user flows, and campaign optimization
- Work cross-functionally with sales, content marketing and product marketing to customize and personalize campaigns and establish enablement workflows
- Test new and creative tactics, develop 1:1, and 1:few programs designed to penetrate and expand within install accounts
- Partner with operations to provide data and insight into accounts (e.g., list research, acquisition, segmentation, routing, and reporting) to drive relevance and timely execution
- Define and analyze performance metrics to diagnose campaign performance and develop action plans to optimize the customer experience and campaign results
- Ensure that each activity is tracked and measured with a focus on pipeline and ROI
- Identify new industry ABM trends and best practices and incorporate into strategies and campaigns
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal stakeholders across the organization
Required Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of very successful business-to-business software marketing, preferably with highly technical products or services
- 3+ years ABM and/or install base marketing with demonstrated ABM program results that translated into sales revenue
- Track record of building and managing programs that convert at all stages of the buyers’ journey within the enterprise encompassing inbound and outbound marketing
- Expertise in B2B marketing funnel reporting, ABM goal setting and reporting
- Strong technical literacy, including marketing automation (Pardot), salesforce automation (Salesforce), and ABM tools (Terminus)
- Proven history of creating effective marketing programs with an account-based lens
- Demonstrated creative skills (e.g. written and/or design skills) to drive personalization and relevance
- Tireless, motivated, confident, determined professional with great communication skills, integrity, and judgment
- Proven experience working with marketing and sales functions to deliver superior results
- Understanding of Account-Based Engagement and MEDDIC sales methodology.
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred.