Welcome to Jetty, the financial services platform on a mission to make renting a home more affordable and flexible. We’ve built multiple financial products that benefit both renters and property managers – and we’re just getting started.
As a member of the Platform Engineering team, you’re passionate about building a developer experience that provides adjacent teams with the tools they need to succeed. You love to learn, take on challenges, and are empowered in a fast-paced and transparent culture. You're comfortable finding the right tool or pattern for the job, and advocating for improvements to the way we work.
As the Manager of DevOps Engineering, you will be responsible for owning and driving the evolution, automation and autonomy of our SDLC. Additionally you will research, design, implement and mentor team members on emerging technologies, approaches and tools related to our cloud infrastructure.
What you will do:
- Manage the design, development and automation of distributed systems to deliver cloud infrastructure at scale
- Lead and guide the automation and patternization of architecture and infrastructure in collaboration with adjacent teams
- Continually evolve capabilities to support the autonomy of adjacent teams while enforcing a level of standardization
- Manage the creation of tools for automating deployment, monitoring and operations of the overall platform
- Hire, manage and lead a team of highly technical engineers that drive organizational standards for operational excellence and resiliency
- Research and implement emerging technologies, tools and techniques
Our current toolstack:
- Postgresql, DynamoDB, Redis, Snowflake
- Python-Flask API Servers, Lambdas, Step Functions
- AWS, GitHub, GitHub Actions
- The right tool for the right job. We are not tied to any specific language or framework, but encourage our engineers to explore and learn better ways of building software
The experiences you will bring:
- 5+ years of experience in DevOps with subject matter expertise in automation and cloud infrastructure engineering
- 1-2 years of experience managing a team
- Expert understanding of modern source control tools and CI/CD practices
- Expert understanding and ability to deliver autonomous software development process
- Advanced understanding and experience in AWS (Certifications recommended)
- Advanced understanding in containerization and orchestration technologies
- Advanced ability to drive effective teamwork, collaboration and commitment
- Advanced with infrastructure-as-code practices and tools (Terraform or equivalent)
- Advanced experience with cloud networking, service networking, service mesh and service discovery
- Intermediate experience using common cryptography practices and libraries
- Proficiency in scripting languages such as Bash and Python
- BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
Jetty's integrated suite of products help property managers increase lease conversions, improve resident retention, reduce bad debt, and boost NOI. For renters, Jetty decreases the financial burden of moving into a new home and offers greater flexibility with how and when to pay rent.
Jetty has raised more than $70M from investors including Khosla Ventures, Ribbit Capital, Citi and Valar, and has a highly collaborative team working remotely around the country. To learn more about Jetty, visit jetty.com.
Jetty is firmly committed to building a team as diverse as our Members. We are proud to provide equal employment opportunities for all candidates regardless of race, ancestry, citizenship, sex, gender identity or expression, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, or veteran status.
Benefits & Perks
- Health, dental, and vision insurance through Aetna & MetLife
- 401(k) through Betterment
- Optional life and disability coverage, HSA & FSA
- 20 days of PTO + 12 holidays, “Jetty Winter Break,” and unlimited sick days
- Generous parental leave policy
- Flexible work schedules to accommodate remote work
- Stipends to cover WFH set-up, monthly childcare, and monthly phone/internet bill