Here at Anaplan, we have reinvented how companies see, plan, and run their businesses. Our platform allows our customers to uncover new insights, connect their strategy to their plans, and work in ways they had not previously thought possible. We’re growing fast, constantly innovating, and couldn’t be prouder to help our customers move forward with confidence in a sophisticated and changing world.
We are looking for forward-thinking people who put customer experience at the forefront of every decision. Individuals who thrive on challenges and are ready to grasp the opportunity of a lifetime. Because we fundamentally believe every colleague brings outstanding value to our whole. We are a workplace where each person feels seen, heard, and valued, and can contribute their unique talent to our collective effort. We believe that for ourselves and for our customers.
**This position can sit remotely in the West Region**
At Anaplan, we are looking for a Major Account Executive to join one of the fastest-growing cloud vendors and make your mark on the industry. You will take your consistent record of new business sales and Account Management of Global 2000 enterprises and sell an incredibly versatile solution that is helping people and companies around the world every day to make better-informed plans and decisions.
You will join a team of individuals who accept and respect different perspectives, aren’t afraid to push boundaries and try new insights, and are passionate about helping our customers and each other succeed. We work hard, but we also don’t wait for an excuse to have fun. In fact, we’re so serious about it that it’s one of our core values.
This role will be a key contributor to Anaplan’s growth while leading change as a market changer. Reporting directly to the RVP (Regional Vice President), you feel comfortable leading 5-10 major accounts. Major accounts are defined as the most strategic accounts in a defined industry. The role offers an opportunity to further develop our footprint by winning new logo accounts as well as expanding opportunities within the current Anaplan customer base. You will be supported by a set of very senior team members in the ‘Village’ to make you successful, e.g. Sales Development Reps, Marketing, Pre-sales Consultants, and the Customer Success Team to build customer value and drive business and revenue onto the Anaplan platform.
What you’ll be doing:
- Engaging with targeted enterprise prospects to identify business processes in need of digital transformation and position Anaplan’s unique ability to solve critical business problems
- Building Anaplan’s business value throughout the selling engagement. Navigating sophisticated prospect environments to align the prospect around the Anaplan solution
- Developing and owning Integrated Account Planning and Opportunity Planning process
- Applying Anaplan’s value-based selling methodology and tools such as Salesforce.com to run sales processes and accurately forecast business
- Using Anaplan’s internal ecosystem as well as key GSI partnerships to build your Anaplan “franchise” and to get results
- Employing best-in-class account management skills to identify account expansion opportunities by cross-selling and up-selling opportunities within targeted “major” accounts
- Conducting highly effective presentations to C-level executives and key C-suite level decision-makers with a strong focus on the Office of the CFO
- Performing strategic sales planning, leading to accurate forecasting of the business
More about you:
- 10+ years’ above quota sales experience and successful selling into fortune 500 large and/or strategic company space
- Success selling into the highest levels of these accounts with a C-Suite focus
- Deep experience selling SaaS solutions, either directly or in partnership with a Big 4 consulting firm preferred
- Software and Business outcome focus selling background with impact on strategy level, e.g. selling cloud SaaS applications to solve for the middle office
- Strong senior executive network in your territory with customers and partners
- A high degree of competency in value-based selling strategies with a strong desire to continue to learn and improve your skills
- Ability to use and organize your colleagues from different teams in such a way that it creates the greatest value for the sales cycle
- Ability to deeply understand the customer’s business, struggles, and key imperatives with a focus on a long-term relationship, increased relevance, and investment in Anaplan.
- Ability to understand and navigate through sophisticated, large company environments by establishing strong executive relationships
- Strong written, verbal, presentation, and organizational skills
- Passionate about whiteboarding and journey mapping with prospects and creative selling
- Successfully led sales for a new solution category in a high growth market
- Experience working within a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Industry vertical experience relevant to the territory
- Domain understanding (e.g. Supply Chain, FP&A, Workforce Planning, and Sales) and knowledge of how these functions plan and process work and make decisions
- BS/BA degree
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Build your job in a place that thrives on diversity, inclusion, and belonging. We believe in maintaining a hiring and working experience in which all people are respected and valued, regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, or any other aspect which makes people unique. We hire you for who you are, and we want you to bring your true self to work every day!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive equitable benefits and all privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Protecting the health and safety of our communities, including our employees and of those considering a career at Anaplan, is our highest priority. We continue to closely monitor the evolving situation, and we appreciate your understanding and flexibility with any related changes to our interviewing process.