Our mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world. Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. With more than 50 million people visiting 100,000+ communities daily, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. From pets to parenting, skincare to stocks, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
We are searching for a strategic localization and program management expert to join the Localization team and help grow Reddit internationally. As an integral part of the Product organization, the Localization team plays a key role in helping Reddit realize its mission: bringing community and belonging to everyone in the world.
As our Localization Program Manager, you will build, scale and oversee the localization program for our Product and Engineering teams, managing our platform launches in 30+ languages. You will work cross-functionally with i18n Product, Engineering, Community, Design and our Localization Language Managers. The right mix of organizational, problem solving and communication skills blended with a passion to improve existing infrastructure and tools will be essential for this role.
- Oversee end-to-end product localization workflows and international launches using our translation management system and internal systems
- Proactively partner with all internal Reddit teams and functions to deliver world-class localized product features that are culturally-relevant and linguistically-appropriate
- Support our i18n Localization Platform engineering team on guiding our quarterly roadmap and building out internal tools that help scale our localization program
- Work cross functionally with key stakeholders and in-country teams to align on project requirements for new product launches, providing regular feedback and removing roadblocks to deliver excellent user experience globally
- Evangelize localization best practices to internal stakeholders
- Be passionate about growing our international community user base, with an eagerness to learn about our localization and internationalization strategies
- 3+ years of localization project management experience, working on projects that involve product or language launches
- Track record of managing and releasing complex and high-quality localized products in partnership with core product teams
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Localization, Language Studies or Linguistics or equivalent experience
- Working knowledge of industry standard translation tools, including TMS and MT
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects and tasks
- Ability to excel in a dynamic and fast-paced operational environment and drive change, and collaborate with others
Exceptional Candidates will have
- Experience partnering with i18n product and engineering teams, helping to guide their roadmap with l10n expertise
- Experience on the buyer side of the l10n industry (not just at language service providers)
- Fluency in languages besides English
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.