Website Pocket Worlds
About Pocket Worlds
We harness the power of virtual worlds and the metaverse to connect people. We build deep, rich virtual worlds that are social by design and last for decades. Our first world, Highrise, is a creative 2D isometric world where people make avatars, express themselves, and create deep friendships along the way. Over 10 million people have already joined the world of Highrise, and it’s growing faster every day.
We’re a completely remote company with a diverse set of employees spanning 16 different countries. We are connected by a singular mission of building amazing games that bring our players together, and we live by our values, which you can read here.
Join our world class team who’ve shipped amazing products for Apple, Google, Electronic Arts, Zeptolab, Nanobit, and other top companies.
About the Role
Do you love games, online communities and/or social media? Do you want to help create content for millions of users? Do you want to join a fast-growing mobile application that sits at the intersection of gaming and social media?
If you answered yes to all of the above, you should join our fast growing team at Highrise!
We’re looking for a LiveOps Specialist to join our team at Highrise. This is a hugely important role that interfaces with all teams in the company: Product, Art, Engineering, Support and Community. As a member of the LiveOps team, you’ll coordinate new events and content in the Highrise world while coming up with wild new ideas to entertain our fast-growing audience.
As a Live Ops Specialist, you will:
- Help setup and monitor an aggressive daily calendar of content and engagement releases.
- Work closely with the Live Ops team to establish weekly event ideas and goals.
- Coordinate and support content creation efforts across all disciplines to meet release deadlines.
- Organize testing efforts for live content.
- Be excited to serve our players and offer them exciting new experiences!
To be successful in this role, we’d expect you to:
- Have at least 1 year of experience managing product or content deadlines.
- Have at least 1 year of experience designing games, events or product features.
- Be player-centric and want to make the best possible game for users.
- Be an excellent English writer.
- Have competency with excel/sheets.
- Communicate honestly and effectively with people across the entire company.
- Be reliable and go out of your way to help the team and others, sometimes at odd times and especially in moments of crisis.
- Be able to work well remotely, including managing your own schedule effectively.
Within 3 months, you’ll…
- Learn how to setup all events and live content in Highrise.
- Meet with Art and Product teams weekly to plan new content.
- Contribute to Live Ops ideas and Product feature discussions.
- Actively communicate with users via our app and Discord.
- Establish a strong presence in the Highrise community.
Within 6 months, you’ll…
- Easily set up all events and live content in Highrise.
- Regularly tune and improve events in Highrise.
- Come up with new event ideas using the building blocks available to you.
- Help the Support and Community teams accomplish their work.