Crisis Text Line provides free, 24/7, high-quality text-based mental health support and crisis intervention by empowering a community of trained volunteers to support people in their moments of need.
Our mission is at the intersection of empathy and innovation — we promote mental well-being for people wherever they are.
Our vision is an empathetic world where nobody feels alone.
Our core values are connected with empathy, center equity, get it done together, and reflect and evolve, these four are at the heart of all we do.
As Manager, VX Learning Delivery on the Learning team within Volunteer Experience (VX), you strive to raise the bar on learning experiences for our volunteer Crisis Counselors (volCCs). By combining the science of learning with a strong service-oriented mindset rooted in empathy, you will lead a team of Specialists who are responsible for providing an exceptional learning experience and environment for our volCCs. You will work with the Sr Director, VX Learning to guide the execution and measurement of learning interventions. You will collaborate with leaders within VX and across the organization to identify opportunities and frame future work. You and your team will work closely with the VX Pod (Product, Data, and Engineering), learning designers, and program managers to integrate new solutions into the learning environment.
- Owning Outcomes: Is fully results-oriented; Identifies and spends time on what's most important and knows what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal; Makes sure others are prioritizing correctly.
- Problem Solving: Able to negotiate and advocate for the team in a productive, professional way; Open to change and handles shifting priorities smoothly; Looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at first answers.
- Collaboration and Communication: Exhibits an understanding of other teams' perspectives in discussions; Proactively provides feedback to others; Communicates goals and progress effectively to team members and across teams; Participates in cross-team peer communication and knowledge sharing; Cites and celebrates both individual and team wins.
- Learning: Is an active and smart experimenter; Is very open to criticism; Handles feedback well and is able to respectfully address issues.
Job Specific Competencies:
- Science of Teaching & Learning
- Learning Measurement
- Project and Program Management
- Data Analysis & Performance Management
- Team Development & Leadership
- Lead the team that guides all learners through training, for both new and existing volunteers
- Define measurement strategy and instruments on the impact of learning interventions, identifying opportunities to gain efficiency and improve learning effectiveness.
- Partner with Learning Design and Product to prioritize work, plan the roadmap, and identify teams to move projects forward.
- Define processes and best practices to support the volunteer through key transitions (e.g. from application acceptance into training, from graduation into regular shifts on platform)
- Manage LMS deployment and tracking of learning throughout the volunteer learning journey.
- Collaborate with Success Coaching and Supervision on integrating new learning skills and behaviors to drive a cohesive volunteer experience.
- Develop performance metrics and assessments to monitor team performance and overall impact to the organization.
- Support your team and direct reports by hiring diverse and qualified team members, setting clear team and individual goals, providing consistent and actionable feedback, and intentionally supporting professional development.
- Actively support individual and team racial equity knowledge, and apply understanding through ongoing learning, reflecting and dialogue opportunities.
- 6+ years of relevant experience
- BA/BS required
- A track record for mentoring others
- Comfortable managing large-scale projects and working with stakeholders with different goals
- Able to prioritize ideas and projects of varying importance and urgency
- Experience moving projects with multiple stakeholders to fruition
- Demonstrated analytical, strategic, and leadership capabilities with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Native fluency in Spanish (written and spoken) is a plus
- All team members are required to go through our 30-hour Crisis Counselor training
Crisis Text Line employee benefits are thoughtfully designed using an equity lens, acknowledging that we are all unique human beings with individual life circumstances that require flexibility and support.
- 20 paid holidays including:
- Federal holidays like Juneteenth and Labor Day
- Election day
- Holiday break from Dec 24 through January 1
- 2 renewal days
- 2 floating holidays
- Flexible paid time off, including:
- 15 vacation days
- 3 personal days
- 7 sick days
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits for the staff member and family at no cost to the employee
- 403B retirement plan (the nonprofit equivalent of a 401K): 3% contribution by Crisis Text Line to support building financial wellness, regardless of personal contribution
- 12 weeks paid parental leave (after 6 months of employment)
- Student loan repayment (after 2 years of continuous full time service)
- Family support through a virtual childcare platform
- Mental health (Monthly)
- Internet Service (Monthly)
- Professional Development (Annual)
- Wellness (Annual)
- Home office setup (One time/First year)