WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including Burger King, Delivery Hero, HBO Max, Mercari, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, hundreds of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 3 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Forrester Wave™: Cross-Channel Campaign Management (Independent Platforms), Q3 2021, and was named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list for the fourth consecutive year. The company has also been selected as one of Fortune’s Best Workplace for Millennials in 2021, and was ranked #20 on Fortune’s Best Medium Sized Workplaces in 2021. Braze is certified as a Great Place to Work in the UK and the U.S. and is recognized as one of the UK's Best Workplaces for Women.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
We're looking for an experienced, innovative, and motivated Change Management professional to join the Growth Program Management & Strategic Operations (GPSO) team at Braze. This role will work directly with program managers, other members of our department and cross-departmental leadership to define, own and lead our change management practice within the Growth department.
You will partner closely with the aforementioned stakeholders to successfully and efficiently roll out new processes, enable various technologies/systems and align the larger business around strategic initiatives. The Lead Change Manager will focus on defining and moving fluidly from the program/project big picture to the details in order to deliver complex and strategic cross-functional approaches, roadmaps and deliverables across each GPSO program and initiative as it relates to change management. They will work side-by-side with program/project managers in defining and planning change management requirements with both internal Growth team members and external/cross-departmental leadership & customers, and will be the responsible party pushing change management components from planning to execution, all the way to measurement and results monitoring.
This role is critical as Braze quickly grows and expands into new regions and markets, and will be an amazing opportunity for someone looking to make an impact quickly with their change management expertise as you will be a leader in helping define the change management practice both within the Growth department and at Braze.
Responsibilities also include::
(1) Leader Journey: Activate, align, energize and equip leaders to inspire and drive change
(2) Program/Initiative Journey: Ensure rapid-paced change with new governance and adaptive end-to-end program/initiative change management
(3) People Journey: Inclusively engage and empower employees through change management in real time via transparent and multiway communications and resources
The successful candidate will be part of a diverse, multinational, globally distributed team and will learn how a fast-paced work environment operates and will be in an outstanding position to “network” through exposure to the team’s experience and cross-functional connections with senior leadership and executives across the organization.
Finally, they will also help to build a strategic framework focused on implementing and delivering training to ensure all teams optimally accept the change and training on Braze’s internal systems, processes and/or initiatives. These improvements will contribute to adding value to business processes, system improvements and initiatives impacting cross-functional teams.
You should have examples of change management programs and projects that you’ve managed end-to-end from kickoff/requirements gathering to the finished product.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Prioritize and manage a complex portfolio of change management initiatives
- Align and activate leaders around strategic initiatives
- Craft and execute change management communication, engagement and delivery plans
- Transform organizational performance and culture
- Manage transformation-related people changes and cost reductions
- Create change-management best practices for complex business strategies
- Establish and manage internal and external stakeholder expectations as it relates to change management initiatives your program and projects
- Deeply understand Braze internal processes, tools and technology environment in order to drive your initiatives effectively
WHAT YOU HAVE
Who will be successful as a Lead Organizational Change Manager on the Growth team:
- An experienced builder, ideally within the SaaS or tech industry, with 5+ years of change management experience
- Experience with project management software, like Jira, Trello, or Asana
- Bonus if you have PMP or another project management certification
- You have strong communication, collaboration, organization, and persuasion skills, specifically in multi-matrixed organizations with competing priorities
- You have a proactive, positive, can-do attitude. You drive projects to completion and are always looking for new ways that processes and products can be improved
- You have strong technical experience – you understand how distributed systems and mobile technology products work
- Experience with web-services like APIs (REST, SOAP, etc.), web authentication (OAuth, SSO, etc.), and web principles like JSON
- High level of intellectual curiosity. You see opportunity and growth in learning more about what you do and how it impacts others.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Generous time off policy to balance your work and life, including paid parental leave
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun loving office culture
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.