The Key Account Manager role will be responsible for renewing and expanding a portfolio of Beekeeper’s largest customers. The role is equal parts relationship management, sales and client satisfaction. We believe that keeping our existing customers is just as important as acquiring new ones. This role will manage an assigned set of customers with a focus on staying organised to renew existing contracts, identify upsell opportunities to grow revenue in your portfolio. You will partner closely with internal stakeholders (Customer Success, Customer Success Engineers, Product Managers, Leadership) and external stakeholders (Communications, HR, IT, Operations) to drive the renewal and expansion motion.
Your ability to clearly articulate our value proposition, remain organised to close renewals on-time, and collaborate with internal and external teams to support the expansion motion will be well rewarded.
What you will do
- Build trusted and value-based relationships with existing customers to renew contracts and uncover upsell/ expansion opportunities
- Effectively manage a portfolio of Beekeeper’s largest customers to establish long term partnerships
- Manage and influence key stakeholders to build consensus across multiple geographies and cross functional decision makers and influencers
- Accurately forecast sales activity and revenue attainment in Salesforce and accounts plans with Planhat. Generate a strong pipeline of net-new upsell/ expansion opportunities
- Responsible for the complete sales cycle for expansion opportunities, including the successful negotiation of legal and procurement
- Collaborate with internal resources (Customer Success, Customer Engineers, Sales Ops…) to develop comprehensive 'win' strategies for renewals
- Work closely with Customer Success Teams and customer champions to identify use cases, drive activation and innovations to integrate in our product roadmap
What we look for in you
- At least 3-5 years sales experience in enterprise SaaS or software
- Proven track record of meeting / exceeding quota, closing large, complex deals
- Proven ability to collaborate and build trust based relationships throughout the sales process with internal teams such as Customer Success, Customer Engineering, Senior Leadership etc
- Strong sense of curiosity with a positive attitude and passion for learning and helping others
- Strong business acumen and ability to analyse data to address customer situations
- Excellent soft skills (e.g. communication/presentation skills, ability to build relationships and time management)
- Self-starter, eager to learn and not afraid to seek out expertise of others around you to adapt and perfect your work. Flexibility to work independently and within a team environment
- Experience crafting sales strategies for your portfolio and building/executing on your account plans
- Knowledge of value-driven sales methodologies and negotiating principles
- English at proficiency level
What we offer
- A competitive incentivised OTE (On-Target-Earnings) with uncapped commission and good accelerators.
- A great career trajectory.
- An amazing team with 20+ nationalities across 4 office locations
- Eager to learn?! We have a Personal Learning & Development Budget to help you develop all the skills you need to succeed.
- Phone & Home Internet reimbursement every month.
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 100% Medical, Vision, and Dental for most plans plus (or +) 50% coverage for spouse, dependents or domestic partners
- 401(k) Retirement plan with employer matching
- Fitness & wellness cost reimbursement up to 50 USD/month
- Paternity Leave: 8 weeks of full pay (in combination with state offering)
- Laptop for work purposes.
- Budget for setting up your Home-Office.
- Oh and don’t forget about our Beekeeper Stock options!
*For Colorado residents: The On-Target-Earnings range for this position’s level is between $93,000 and $130,000. Our total compensation consists of base salary (depending on education, experience, knowledge, skills, equity with other team members, and alignment with market data), stock options plus several additional benefit coverage including learning and development fund, Home Office Set-up reimbursement and the rest of the benefits you can see here.
Who we are
Beekeeper believes in the potential of every single employee. That’s why we’ve built the essential platform for frontline workers. We help organisations digitally enable their frontline, to boost productivity, quality and safety, and be more agile.
We are based in Zurich and Oakland with additional offices in Berlin and Krakow. These locations support companies in more than 150 countries.
At Beekeeper, we celebrate diversity! All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, nationality, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity.