About the Company
Founded in 2018 by professors of Yale University and Columbia University, CertiK is a pioneer in blockchain security, utilizing best-in-class AI technology to secure and monitor blockchain protocols and smart contracts. CertiK’s mission is to secure the cyber world. Starting with blockchain, CertiK applies cutting-edge innovations from academia into enterprise, enabling mission-critical applications to be built with security and correctness.
CertiK is one of the fastest growing and most trusted companies in blockchain security and has become a true market leader. To date, we have collectively worked with over 1800 enterprise clients, helped secure over $310 billion worth of digital assets, and detected over 31,000 vulnerabilities in blockchain code. Our clients include leading projects such as Aave, Polygon, Binance Smart Chain, Terra, Yearn, and Chiliz.
CertiK just raised over $140 million and backed by Coatue, Tiger Global, Sequoia, and Hillhouse Capital.
About the Role
CertiK is looking for a Data Scientist Intern who has experience with machine learning and is interested in learning more about natural language processing and analyzing social media data from platforms such as Twitter, Reddit, Instagram, Telegram, and more.
You are creative, fascinated by human language and behavior, and excited by the ability to turn data into insights to help our users detect fraudulent behavior, identify sophisticated sentiment trends, filter and categorize news, and make smarter investment decisions.
You are interested in learning more about cutting-edge natural language processing techniques and how to sift through enormous social media and language data sets to discover patterns, formulate problems, and create clever solutions using a variety of methods. You also want to find out what it is like to work with a team of data scientists and engineers, and see how data analytical products are created from scratch.
- Explore data sets to find patterns and identify possible problems and solutions
- Communicate with team to prioritize tasks, come up with timelines, and set expectations
- Use a variety of machine-learning, rules-based, and other techniques to develop analytical products for internal teams and external users
- Stay updated with and share new NLP and data science techniques
- Routinely use social media to understand posting behavior and language use, especially in cryptocurrency communities
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Data Science, Linguistics, or related field or equivalent experience
- Expertise in SQL, Git, and Python including standard libraries such as pandas and numpy
- Some familiarity with machine and deep learning frameworks such as PyTorch, TensorFlow, FastText, HuggingFace, sci-kit, gensim, or others
- Interest in building state-of-the-art NLP models such as Transformers (BERT) and vector embeddings
- Some familiarity with popular social media platforms
- Interest in analyzing discussions about internet meme culture and cryptocurrency
- Ability to work well with others and communicate problems and findings clearly