We're looking for an Internal Communications and Engagement Lead for our Customer Operations team (internally known as COps Comms Lead). Customer Operations is now a >1200 strong team, operating 24/7 across 2 sites, with a largely distributed workforce
As a result, the Customer Operations Comms and Engagement Lead has the crucial responsibility of making sure updates and key messages land to all our COps.
We're looking for someone who is passionate about driving engagement within a customer operations setting. You’ll be comfortable using a range of communications tools and you’ll apply a creative flair. You’ll have proven experience driving engagement and delivering powerful and impactful communications.
We work largely distributed so communication is even more important in a remote-first environment.
We're looking for someone who understands all the internal communications challenges and is able to make sure our communications achieve the desired effect, while being comfortable using that knowledge to support and advise teams within Customer Operations.
You’ll work closely with our lovely People team as well as our PR and Marketing teams.
You’ll be proactive, adaptable and highly organised with a strong attention to detail. You’ll be comfortable working independently and taking initiative.
The COps Comms and Engagement Lead will sit within our COps Experience team and will report to the Associate Director of Customer Operations.
You'll be responsible for:
- Building strong relationships with leadership and advising them on engaging with our people through Internal Comms.
- Understanding the Customer Operations strategy, and shaping the best approach for COps specific comms and engagement activities.
- Assessing updates from teams in Monzo (Product, Ops leadership, etc) to understand their needs and develop appropriate comms solutions.
- Organising and producing compelling content for newsletters, business updates, video updates, face to face events
- Creating training, templates, frameworks, procedures and processes to drive consistency in our comms and engagement approach
- Leading our communications advisors (currently 1 person)
- Measuring and reporting on the impact of internal comms, engagement activities and events and making recommendations for change as appropriate
In a typical day you could be:
- The point person for our People team, Ops Leaders, Product Managers & Knowledge Owners, working together to develop useful and contextual content for updates.
- Helping areas to develop comms and engagement plans that support their goals and needs
- Determining what needs to be communicated to COps, at what scale, the best way to do this and then arranging it
- Making sure COps are kept up-to-date on the latest information via all the channels and platforms we use internally – Slack, Notion, BizOps Hub, All Hands, Guru etc
- Checking in with Ops leadership to ensure we're discussing key updates with the team
- Working with the activity leads to communicate anything critical to the team.
- Supporting your direct report
You should apply if:
- You have previously held a Communication and/or Engagement role within a contact centre setting)
- You have driven Engagement activities within a contact centre environment (experience of engaging with remote teams and working across sites would be especially beneficial)
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills – able to positively engage and energise an audience
- You can communicate messages from Leadership and people teams in a thoughtful, diplomatic way
- You are comfortable and confident facilitating group updates – either in-person or via a group video-call set-up
The application process consists of a short phone interview with the hiring team, a follow up call with the Associate Director of Customer Operations (your manager), a written exercise and a couple of video-call interviews (45 minutes each)
Location: For this role you can be based within our Cardiff office or alternatively you can work remotely within the UK.
Salary £45,000 – £65,000 depending on experience. You'd also receive stock options and other benefits.
The closing date for applications for this role is 6pm on Tuesday 10th May
We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
Diversity and inclusion is a priority for us – if we want to solve problems for people around the world, our team has to represent our customers. So we need to attract the best talent and create an environment that supports and includes them. You can read more about diversity and inclusion on our blog.
If you prefer to work part-time, we'll make this happen whenever we can – whether this is to help you meet other commitments or strike a great work-life balance.
Equal Opportunity Statement
At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.