Website Forefront Telecare
Forefront Telecare Inc. provides telehealth behavioral health services for patients in the acute and post-acute settings, including hospitals, skilled nursing facilities and home settings with an emphasis on serving the senior population. Our mission is to provide quality behavioral health telehealth services that are widely accessible to patients in all 50 states.
We seek a Hospital Care Coordinator to join our team. This is a fully remote role.
The Care Coordinator will work in tandem with the healthcare facility staff and assigned providers to manage and maintain scope of work in Hospital or ED Units. Incumbent will display a compassionate nature, be knowledgeable about health care practices, and provide exceptional customer service. Our customers are both the facilities and the providers.
Responsibilities (not limited to)
- Support the Launch of new hospitals/ ED contracts – As unit needs shift -assist with finding providers if requested, submit providers for credentialing – once identified, create, and manage placement and replacement projects in Sales Force
- Understand complete Scope of Work for all units managed
- Liaison between providers, units, and FFT : Manage issues / concerns for both
- Maintain Full Coverage for Units/ED Pods: Mange Schedules for provider PTO
- Create and distribute monthly schedules – send to providers and units
- Schedule internal / external meetings as needed via Zoom / Teams
- Assist provider payments/providers monthly – to ensure timely, accurate pay
- Assist with documentation issues – communicate info received from the units to the providers and escalate if necessary
- Ensure all Communication is managed efficiently between provider and internal departments: Example: Payroll, Clinical, Credentialing, Enrollement
- Manage all Provider/ Facility Issues -Use Cases in SF to track issues/resolution
Education, Experience, Training and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, additional relevant certifications a plus
- In-patient or Emergency Department experience is a must. Either Social Services or Nursing.
- Familiarity with behavioral health issues with geriatric and adult populations
- Knowledge of In Patient and/or Emergency Department work flow
- Experience with involuntary patient protocol in ED/In-patient units
- Experience with Scheduling for unit coverage
Skills & Abilities
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Awareness of and commitment to all requirements, both legal and corporate
- Solid computer skills, including Microsoft Office, Excel, Teams,
- Superior organizational and interpersonal skills
- Able to multitask and prioritize tasks
- Able to act decisively and maintain discretion
- Number of Employees Supervised – 0
- Percentage of Travel Required – <5%
- Special Requirements – Not applicable
Please only apply if you have psych unit or ED experience